Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARRRGHHH Damn Midwife

Thumbs down ARRRGHHH Damn Midwife

Sorry another whinge post....

Had appt today at hosp, and midwife said bubs is breech... I am ok with that knowing that there is plenty of time yet for bubs to turn and be head down, but she has put the thought that I might have to have a c/s if bubs doesn't turn and I DONT WANT ONE... unless its an emergency and one of us is at risk of course.

I know that a c/s is not the end of the world, but I delivered DD fine and want to do it again (with less drugs hopefully!). I am just so angry that she would make such a big deal out of it when we have 10 week to go. maybe more if I go over.

I know about the spinning baby www and will check it out again, and as I said I am just annoyed that she was going on about bubs being breech and that she hasn't seen one for ages, and that I would have to have a c/s as they wont let me try naturally if bubs is still breech. She said we would have to have another u/s around 36-38 weeks to see if bubs has turned or what not... I thought that if you could tell where bubs is now, then you'd be able to tell in 6 weeks.

Ok so I have ranted enough I think, but if anyone has a nice reasuring story that there bub turned at the last minute etc then pleeease make me feel better!

*hug* Mel, not what you want to hear at your midwife appointment at 30 weeks!! There is still time mate, you can do it!

I don't understand why she has to try & scare you so early into something that you most likely will not need.

oh Mel,

don't worry.. u have HEAPS of time for bubs to turn!! especially since it is your second bub!! and it's WAY too early to be talking about a c/s!! geee!!

You are right! she should be able to tell without an ultrasound!! hmf!...

hang in there and ignore her!

xxx

Thanks Christy... I know I sholdn't be worried, but you know what its like when they put something in your head!

Mel, Pffft to her hun. Abbey was breech up until 34 weeks or so. Don't stress too much over it. I had decided that if she stayed breech I was going to push for a vaginal birth. Quite simply I was not going to agree to a c section. Not like they can make you. I had a c section with Noah as he was breech and when the Dr had me opened he tells me that "You could have delivered this baby" Abit late then.

Oh and the reason for the late scan is to check the exact position of the baby. Not like it can't change again in those last couple of weeks.

If your bub doesn't turn, by 34 weeks I would think about having some acupuncture and moxibustion done to turn her. Also if you decide to go for the c section you can wait until you go into labour that way there is no chance of your baby being taken out before her time and your baby chooses it's onwn birthday.

Huge hugs hun. And tell that midwife that breech babies aren't that rare, esp in someone who's already had a baby !!

2 out of my 5 babies were breech, and 1 transverse.... 2 turned about 36 weeks, and my last one, transverse, turned and I went into labour at the same time at 38+4 weeks!!! Was booked for CS in 2 more days!! So dont panic yet, heaps of time !!!!

Check out my post here...

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=52976

My little one turned and is still head down and 2/5ths engaged as of my last checkup....I have another on Monday.

PS...I was a bit freaked out when the MW suggested a possible ECV - but I did what I could to reposition and it worked.

How ridiculous!
    30 weeks is not the point you should be worrying about a breech not turning, especially with a second baby that has a fair bit of room.
    My DS was breech until 32 weeks when he turned head down and stayed that way...not at all uncommon! You know in your heart it's ok, don't let her scaremongering mess with your head

It is alarming though that they say that you may have to consider a caesarean or ECV and there is no mention of doing OFP exercises to help the baby turn. Someone on BB told me that the hospital that I'm going through (a tertiary hospital) was doing a study on ECVs and sure enough that was the case, but it's not compulsory.

Just relax and as Shannon said above, it's your choice and it is possible to birth a breech baby (my mum birthed my youngest sister who was a frank breech without a problem) and also it has plenty of time to turn.

*rolls eyes at health professionals* Geesh, sometimes they can be so unhelpful!

Best thing I've seen work for people is you, yourself creating room for bubs to turn naturally. i.e. watch tv from now on on your hands and knees - or hang in a similar position off a fitball/couch/ whatever! If you create the room, babies are clever and will do it on their own! Good luck!

(PS otherwise acupuncture is good!)

What?? I wouldn't think many babies are in position as early as 30 weeks are they? You have sooo much time...

you are so right shan! I wish i had have insisted of birthing vaginally. Although after my waters broke, labour didnt start. So I wonder what would have happened?

mel: still plenty of time sweetie! Deinitely red up heaps and try all those exercises and moxibustion. Good luck!

thanks guys... You have made me feel much better.... I didn't think that it was hugely 'normal' for bubs to be head down ready to go just yet...

Thank you all sooooooo much.... love ya;s heaps!

Im scared now... i have my thirty week on friday...
    Far as i can tell bubby moves consistently, i doubt he stays in one position long than six or eight hours. Mind, this is from what i can feel, i know they have training to say otherwise. Bubby feels transverse at the moment so im really worried. I am absolutely terrified of having a c/s and am now scared... If i have a c/s with the first one i don't think i will have any more children either...

Anyhow, sorry Mel for hijacking your post. As the others have said, it does seem early, and you have had a bubby before, and youre doing your best to be informed about how to move bubby - so you should be a-ok. Im on my first and sometimes i can feel a bum under my ribs and then others it sticks out next to my belly button. Good luck!

I have a GF who's baby turned while on a tour boat looking for crocs LOL she said that the poor guy was in the middle of a speech when she grabed her belly and groned(sp?) he stoped what he was saying and paniced thinking she was about to have her baby when the whole boat stoped and looked her tummy making the weridest shapes and then stoped so she told them all that she thinks her baby just turned.... Just thought this is a funny little story might make you smile... But you seem to have plenty of time so dont panic yet..

Ash - Don't worry... as you have told me plenty of time.... for you too!!

Check out the website - spinning babies jsut google that... gives you heaps of info... Good Luck

Just wanted to pop in to say that my OB said he isn't concerned about what position my bub is in until week 34, he said by then I should expect the correct position, and if not we can start doing things to help the baby turn.

I was reading up on it, just spending some time on all fours each day helps apparently?

It sure does...have a look at my thread - see further up in this thread for the link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast