Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assumptions I'll go over grrrr

Angry Assumptions I'll go over grrrr

Now I think this may be a hormonal rant but it's kinda starting to annoy me that most people assume that I will go overdue because it's my 1st baby. I know this is a wives tale but it doesn't stop every 2nd person saying it and as I'm getting closer to my EDD it's really peeing me off now. I even asked my OB if there was any truth to it and of course there isn't and I think he would know the stats! Then on top of the comments getting on my nerves I'm even more annoyed that I'm letting it annoy me! lol I don't even care if I go over, I'd prefer early as dh finishes work on Tuesday morning woohoo but I am still pretty comfortable even though I've slow down to a humble waddle. I've loved the pregnancy and am enjoying heaps of relaxing time at home with dh so there's no problem there.

Not sure what kind of response I was thinking I'd get from this post but kinda needed to vent

FWIW... I went a week early with my first.... so theres no truth behind it. Must be annoying! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy... nearly there... me too!

Yep, my DD was born 4 days early too. And I was born one week early. Both first babies

Good luck! Your bubba will come when ready. Make a game of it, tell them to bet on it. You'll probably end up with a nice moneybox full for your bubba

my first was born 10 days early

15 days early with my first

2 weeks 'early' here

'early' from the best guess estimated due date.

If people insist on quoting stats such as 'most' first time mothers go over they must acknowledge that some must be early. Why can't you be one of them (or us!)

Early by a week here too

Just ask them if you can borrow their crystal ball for a while cause you also need to know exactly what time and day you'll go into labour cause you've got heaps of shopping and pampering to do and you also want to ask it how "early" or "late" your baby will crawl, walk, get teeth, sleep through, toilet train, talk, share toys, blah blah blah. The mysteries are what make being a parent so great. Why do we always need to predict what will happen and when?

The repetitive comments, no matter what they are about, do get irritating after a while. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I will always look back on the last weeks of my pg as a very special time for me and DP.

Given that doctors use a system that is about two weeks out anyway, I just wouldn't be telling anyone what 'date' you're 'due' anyway! I always told people it was going to be early to mid October, just so as to avoid dumb comments or checking up on me closer to the time!

hehehe some good suggestions there girls, money box, yep bubs could do with starting to collect a few $$$ lol and mostly we do tell people early or mid Sep but it still doesn't stop people saying stuff, oh well my phone will be getting turned off when dh finishes work

My first was 7 weeks early wasn't ready for that

Such a tiny percentage of babies are actually born on their EDD... I'd be turning off my phone as well, some people just don't get it, they put so much pressure on mums that really isn't at all necessary, I guess the only advantage of having a prem was that I didn't have to go through it all

6 weeks early with no 1, almost 5 weeks early with no 2 but made it to 37 weeks with intervention and got to 39 weeks and 4 days with no 3. So there is no pattern they just arrive when they are ready.

People said it to me all the time too when I was pg with my first. It drove me absolutely nuts so I can feel your pain. They were still telling me that I was going to go well over the day before I had DD1 and I was in pre-labour. She was born at 39 weeks, 1 day. By the end of it all though, I had actually started to believe all the things people were telling me so I was surprised when she was born early.

Everybody has something to say when it comes to babies People should keep their opinions to themselves.

Enjoy this last time of being pregnant - it is a very special time waiting for the arrival of your first baby. Good luck with your upcoming labour and birth. I hope it all goes really well.

Statistically you're more likely to go "late" rather than "early", but I should think what's most likely is that your baby will be born when he/she is good and ready
    Have you started a betting pool on birth dates - I find this is a constructive way to channel this sort of speculation

My first was 3 weeks early.

Second 1 week late.
    Third 4 days late.

Phooey, I say!

I always tried to make myself think I was going to be at least 10 days over, just so that when DS turned up... I wouldn't be so frustrated that he was so late!
    It totally just depends on your body and when your baby wants to come.
    Here's hoping its soon!!

LOL, I heard this a lot too - and when I was on maternity leave, I'd count down the weeks on facebook and when i had 2 weeks to go I got 2 comments from friends basically telling me that I was deluding myself if I thought that she was coming on her due date and to expect to be counting down for another 4 weeks!!!!!!!

I commented back saying that of course I realise that babies don't come on their due dates but I was having fun counting down and could they please not p*ss on my parade????? OOPPPSSS. (hormones raging at that point).

For what it's worth, she came 2 days after her EDD!

Sorry my 1st came on her EDD. She was one of the few lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast