Thread: babies, bladders and sneezing

Default babies, bladders and sneezing

Hi all,

I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and feel great needs to discuss my wee situation! Sorry if TMI - look away now!

Often I feel like I really need to wee.... usually when I am standing up. But when I go to the loo I didn't have much in there at all. I figure this is just the baby's position / weight which I feel pressing on my bladder when gravity pulls, hence, when I'm standing.

But I'm a little worried if this is the case, as I've still got 12 odd weeks to go! What will happen when the baby's much bigger????? Will I have to strap a portaloo to my head?

Planning on going to dr to rule out UTI but no other symptoms so really don't think this is the case.

Also, the whole "I wee when I sneeze" thing used to happen occasionally after the birth of #1 but I got over it ... til recently. It's happening again. My OB was lovely and said look, it's partly the relaxin's fault, it doesn't mean your pelvic floor muscles are bludgers. But surely pushing out a second baby won't improve the situation.

So apart from doing pelvic floor exercises like they're going to make me a millionaire, can anyone sympathise with this or perhaps make me laugh (but not too hard or I might wee.) ?

Thank you in advance, lovely people.

Chicken Little I hear you!! I have the exact same problem and it drives me crazy! (and im a few weeks behind you)..Sometimes I feel soooo busting so I go, then I do the tinniest little wee. Then a few mins later- the same happens again
    Occassionally I can get bub to move positions and then normally it's an instant fix, and I don't need to go anymore. But when he or she stays down low, it's terrible! Today I was complaining to DH about it and he said 'gee im so sick of this weeing thing' ...i was in shock and said YOU'RE SICK OF IT??! PLEASE!
    I also get a bit of leakage with the sneezing and I haven't had any babies yet Just praying pelvic floor exercises will work miracles for me!

Anyway, i sympathise completely with you...

Baby+bladder+sneezing all in one body not a good combination lolz!

Ok first thing first. Do not strap a portaloo to your head. It will not be of any use there. You need to strap it closer to your errrrmmmm ÖÖ. Well Iím sure you know where. But if you are still not sure where best to put the portaloo here is one way to find out:-
    1 Drink 3 glasses of water
    2 do not go to the bathroom for 1 hour
    3 after 1 hour sniff a small amount of pepper
    4 the damp area is where the portaloo should be positioned

Itís a good idea to rule a UTI but it is more likely to be the baby causing your wee problem. Often things can improve when the baby changes position. Some good news for you is that your wee problem will not get any worse.

Taia's Mum Guest

I have the same thing! It hasn't gotten any worse thankgod!! Just a pain in the butt!

God bless you Alan!!!!!

That is the best laugh i have had all day

Alan, you been smoking my stash????

PMSL Alan. Not literally though!!

Chicken Little, my friend had her baby in Sept and had the same problem with feeling like needing to pee then almost nothing coming out - cos she'd complain about it to me. I am now experiencing the same thing... Usually after I've been sitting down then get up as the baby must drop onto my bladder more. Fortunately I don't have the cough, sneeze, bladder problem. Hope you feel better

PMSL Alan Why didn't you teach my anatomy class at uni LOL. I'm sure I would have remembered so much more!

Chickenlittle, I had the same problem, only with coughing in my first trimester. I caught a cold, then asthma kicked in, and I coughed for abouot 6 weeks straight. After the first few weeks, each cough started to be followed by a pssssss So, as well as doing my pelvic floor exercises, each time I felt the need to cough, I did a pelvic floor squeeze which I held while I coughed - that seemed to help a lot.

And as soon as the coughing stopped, the psssss'ing stopped too
    Last edited by Cherie; February 9th, 2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: preggy brain typos!

Ha ha ha Alan, you're a funny dude!

Chickenlittle I have been weeing every 30 - 60 minutes nearly my whole pregnancy, sometimes it eases off a little if I am sitting for a while I can wait longer but as soon as I stand up I have to go. There are times when I am walking out of the toilet and I feel like I need to go again coz bub has settled back down into the bladder!! During the night I am a standard every 2 hours...

I am a machine gun sneezer too (5-6 in a row always) and find that if I sqeeze my pf at the same time as Cherrie said, it tends to stop leakage.

Oh the joys hey!! Not long to go now matey

dawnatello12 Guest

Default Peeing

I have this too 29 weeks. I started wearing a pad most of the time . Of course there are a few times I haven't been like at the grocery store when I sneezed and I said to hubbie of I just peed my pants!! Thank good for a long coat.

My had this after her 2 kids til one year ago when she had to have a bladder repair.

I have heard to rock whilst you are weeing it helps empty your bladder.

Alan, don't you know that you shouldn't make a pg woman laugh - it just increases the need for that port-a-loo LOL! It was a much needed laugh though, thanks .

I have this already at 24 weeks :eek:! And sometimes I can be absolutely busting, but by the time I get there (it takes me a long time at work by the time I de-gown and all!) I'm not anymore . But I HATE when I've made all that effort and then nothing much comes out aaaaargh! And apparently it only gets worse, great!