Thread: Babies vigorous movements

Default Babies vigorous movements

Our little girl is so active and does the biggest movements and kicks, it makes me wonder how the membranes don't break :-s Gets me worried sometimes.

Is anyone elses bub soooo active?

kerry Guest

Nadine.. my little bigfoot makes my entire somach move and it can be seen under the doona... so you can wat the doona moving. Some nights S/he decides to practise their floor routine (either that or its a supurb commando) and I am woken up by all the moving happening. Its fun though to watch and so special.

Jo that sounds just like our little girl. And although it does get uncomfortable, it is indeed very special, and nice to watch It's just amazing how strong all of our insides are to be able to put up with it all!!!!

kerry Guest

I know what you mean Nadine... sometimes I nearly expect bigfoot to do an Alien re-enactment and just burst forth out of my belly... its so wierd and yet so totally amazing... aparently mine will settledown soon as s/he runs out of room.. I can warn you though that at 28w I was thinking...hell has this kid had red cordial and noones told me... Now I'm convinced it has full blown ADHD and my placenta is filling it with Coke and sugar.

LOL, that's too funny Makes me wonder if they will be that active once they are out of the womb...........

Oh I also notice that when she does her HUGE movements she often gets the hiccoughs. It is too funny! I keep telling her to slow down, but she won't listen to her mummy

kerry Guest

Yes I also have a hiccoughing bub.. and usually after a vigourous movement session.

I'm hoping its one of those opposite things, active during gestation nice quite baby once born.

I used to think bigfoot didn't listen to me but I everyday i tell him/her that s/he has to do certain things... and one of them was to turn heads down and at my lsat OB appointment the little monkey had finally turned I felt like I was a good mum cos bubs actually listned to me

nadine - my jelly is going to be some kind of extreme sporting fanatic, i am sure of it. everyone keeps on telling me that she is now running out of room and should slow her movements a bit - well she is running out of room, but that has just caused her to put more muscle into her movements. i expect to see this one at the olympics!

Kerry- That's great that bubs is head down =D>

Misty- LOL, maybe all of our bubs will be competing against each other

kerry Guest

Nadine - I'm tipping mine will be into boxing or gymnastics... tends to like rolling or arm movements over leg movements... actually about the only real leg movements I get atm are when bigfoot decides to stretch the legs.. straight into my ribs, leave them there then fold them back up again.

Has anyone else noticed at night that if you swap sides bubs seems to roll oever also? BF is stay hdbu but likes to swap sides... sometimes looking at my left hip and sometimes looking at my right. I have noticed if I swap sides in the night bf rolls over to face the other way.

Jo (or is it Kerry????)- Our little girl likes moving all limbs and loves moving her whole body from one side to the other, in slow motion. It feels very strange at times. When she goes nuts then it looks like my whole stomach is having a huge fit. It' quite funny

I haven't noticed bubs moving when I swap sides, but she does seem to always be laying on the side that is closest to the mattress, so I guess she must.

She definately lets me know though if I have moved into a position that is uncomfortable for her

kerry Guest

Nadine - Its Jo, but (long story short) when I first joined bellybelly it was incognito so I chose kerry as a nic because in a way it is a play on my surname, Carey... I tend to answer to either because it is a bit confusing for everyone except the poor Jan Belly girls who know the whole story.