Thread: Baby Capsule

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Baby Capsule

Hi All

We just got our Bub capsule fitted, it's a Love and Care one. Can anyone recommend what to lie in the bottom of them? Sheepskin perhaps? I know my sheepskin in my stroller keeps Bub cool in summer and warm in winter but I don't want to have to switch it from stroller to capsule all the time.

Any ideas you have would be really great! Just feel like Bub needs more padding in capsule or something, lol

What about a 100% cotton bunny rug folded up? It will provide padding without warmth. I personally think sheepskin will be too warm in summer. Whatever you use, try and make it a natural fabric for 'breathability' for baby's comfort.

Hi Bindy, congrats on your PG by the way!!

Now from my experience the sheepskin was too hot in the summer so I had to take it out of the pram & put it back in for winter. I had the safe n sound capsule & I dont recall having anything extra for padding. Sorry I know thats absolutely no help at all!!

Have you had a look around the baby shops to see whats available? There should be a natural & breathable capsule liner available these days I'm sure!

Good luck

hi,i just got myself a capsule as well..i am getting my mother in law to make a padded insert for it..i went to the material shop and bought some pretty pink material and she has some cottony stuff she is putting inside it is

Hi Bindy, I'm interested in this too. We are hiring our capsule (safe n Sound) and I would some sort of cover, I have searched on the net for capsule liners but can't seem to find anything. I saw a couple of sheepskin ones but probably too hot. they sell heaps of WAHM made ones on ebay but I heard they are not that safe??? does anyone know? Bindy please let me know if you find somwhere that sells them. Not long to go for you how exciting!!!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Girls, well looks like some of us are interested in what we could put in there! I'm still wracking my brain trying to figure it out.

In regards to sheepskin, I have one that keeps Bub cool in summer and warm in winter. It's a really good one.

I think the bunny rug as extra padding is a good idea, I'll keep investigating and let you all know if I figure something out!

hi girls
    not sure if i have the wrong end of the stick here but when i hired mine kidsafe was v careful to tell me not to add any padding etc... as it reduces safety??
    they usually come with a soft lining insert?
    Bubs head moves from side to side a lot in them, they said it is not a prob for the baby at all but if you are worried about it to roll up 2 cloth nappies and put them either side of the baby head for a few weeks. they def dont recommend those horseshoe shaped pillow things you can buy.
    If you have to put something in make sure it is flame retardant.
    I am sure the place that you hire from can give you the best advice but this is what i was told when i hired mine and also this week we had kidsafe at our mothers group and she said the same thing...
    good luck with the rest ofyour pregnancies and births!

i think you can buy some at craft markets. but not sure about safety/cost though