Thread: Baby engaged at 34 weeks - freakin out !!

Default Baby engaged at 34 weeks - freakin out !!

Hi

Just came back from midwife appt. Baby (girl) engaged, face up , not down like we would like, but im more worried about the bubs coming early than her position at the moment. Ive been getting like very short (4 seconds) spasm pains in my pelvis last few days. I remember having them with DD too - although cant remember what stage of pregnancy.
    Just cause head is engaged does that mean baby will come soon?. Im not due till 15 Feb (i make it sound ages away.....oohhhh i want it to be ages away, i still have so much to do). ANyone gone this early???

mbear I wouldn't stress to much my cousin was engaged from 30 weeks and went 1 week overdue as for the pains I can't help you with what they might be

Hi mbear

Don't worry hun, just because your baby is engaged does not mean that it is about to be born. The pains you talk about could be becausr your baby is engaged, thing are starting to strech and move.

I was about to say the same thing as Alan... Just because your baby has engaged, doesn't mean it's going to come out right away. It's just getting ready.

Yasin engaged really early but he still ended up a week overdue.

mooshie Guest

i wouldn't worry

my ds was engaged at around 32 weeks and he still came 15 days late

angel_eyes Guest

My best friend had her daughter engage early and then went 10 days over with her.

I wouldn't worry.

Like everyone has said, don t worry. I was engaged from 28 weeks and i had to be induced 1 week over.

ohh thanks ladies. I think it was the way the midwife looked at me and said 'was your first born early?'. She said bubs was really low, and with the pains ive been getting lately i have panicked a bit.
    I still think this one will come early, just a couple more weeks and ill have the nursery done

As everyone else has said don't stress. Nicholas was engaged early too and he ended up being nearly a week overdue too!!