Thread: Baby getting stuck on inside of hipbone

Question Baby getting stuck on inside of hipbone

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and for a few days now I keep feeling like my baby is pressing up against the inside of the front of my hip bone. It feels like bone on bone. I usually move pretty quickly to try and dislodge him/her but when I was driving yesterday there was nothing I could do til I got to where I was going.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm worried it must hurt him/her as it feels really uncomfy for me.

I have the same thing happen too Kar... especially on my left side... and it is usually when I am driving.
    I doubt that it hurts the baby as much as it hurts us.
    Not long to go now!

I have had the same thing Kar.... I just try and put up with it. I also get it on my left side, it must be a hand that gets in the bone....

Kar
    it is not hurting your baby.
    If your baby was uncomfortable he/she would change position

Happens on my right side - I just tell Liebling that it's not nice for Mummy so please move. That seems to work! I think it's a shoulder, because I feel shoulder movements before the actual pain. I tend not to drive too much any more, because if the baby engages and I have a contraction I'd rather not drive... then DH won't take me out so I have to drive around the village anyway!

Yep getting that here too, didn't get it with DS and it is a really weird feeling - freaked me out at first

Thanks everyone, it seems pretty normal then.... I reckon it's a shoulder too Ryn.

Ewww..... the hip bone thing sounds really horrible.

My baby keeps sticking it's foot right under my rib - then it must stretch it's leg out and the foot goes *pop*. NOT COMFORTABLE!!!

I told my husband that as soon as it's out I'm going to give it a piece of my mind. He said, "Where are you going to fit that in? In between crying like a sook because you're so happy to see that baby?" $*^hole - how the heck does this bloke know me so well????