Thread: Baby movement and labour??

Default Baby movement and labour??

When you first go into labour, do you still feel the baby move? Not in labour yet, but think I might have hit pre-labour (fingers crossed!). Had lots of back pain, period-like pain and cramps last night but also had lots of movement from bubs. Not sure if I should be expecting to still feel movement from her when labour for real starts, or if she goes quiet to conserve her energy?

honestly can't remember when i went into real labour but definitely had movement when I was in pre labour.

I definately felt her move when I was in very early labour.. to be honest, I cant remember if I felt her moving when I was in full on labour.

I can't remember feeling movement..but then again I don't think it was on my mind. Alan where are yoooooooooou??? lol.

renee78 Guest

Hi guys - Im worried now...how do you know when you're in pre-labour??? On two occassions now over the past week, Ive experienced period pain and lower back pain and Im only 31 weeks...I hope it's not pre-labour . Well if it happens, it happens...there's not much I can do about it...

I had about 3 ws of pre-labour and she was usually quite during the day but at night did heaps of head butting and squirming around. Felt like she was trying to burrow her way out. After labour stated she squirmed around a lot and then don't remember feeling much movemt until she started descending and I got the urge to push. Hope this is it for you.

Renee, from what I understand, pre-labour really can go on for weeks.

Sebastian moved around loads during labour for me. Between contractions he was really active, right up until the last stage, where my memory of what happened between contractions gets a bit fuzzy!!

I hope that is not pre labour - if it is, I have been in it for about half my pregnancy - LOL!

Yes your baby can move all though your labour. Bubby will have the movements and quite periods it has always been having. But as some ladies have mentioned your mind will be elsewhere.

LuLu
    Your baby can be still moving as you are pushing him out.

Renee
    You were probably having BH contractions

DS was still during labour DD wouldn't stop movingi think she was most active then , then during the whole pregnancy(that's what it felt like)

ELlie

Ethan was very active the entire way through the labour until they ended up having to haul him out backwards through the sun roof - they say that they don't move so much but evidently others do...

Question Same!!

I have been feeling exactly the same as you... past 2-3 weeks i been having very bad cramps,period pains,pressure down below like shes about to fall out of me and dont like to sound crude but when i go to the loo for you know what its diareah and its like it jus falls out of me and the past week or two now some nights i been feeling like i have hurrendous stomach ache and period pains and its like i wanna be sick and when i get up i have funny sensations down below but my lil baby girl has been moving but not as much but iv always been told that when ur about to go in to real labor the baby doesnt tend to move like it normally would but what could this be that im experiencing as i know iv been having occassional braxton hicks but im 34 weeks this saturday and everyone keeps saying to me that i wont go full term not to sure why but i know i look like im about to drop anytime now This is mine and my partners first baby and all the advice possible would be very helpfull as im 21 and hear loads from mates but sometimes its nice to hear about all different types of people so hope anyone of you ladies can help me

Bub's can definately move in labour - I remember being kicked in the ribs ALOT as I was pushing out DS....