Thread: Baby showers

Default Baby showers

Hi!
    My sister is organising a baby shower for me next weekend. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had or is having one? Or if anyone has been to baby showers before? i've never been to a baby shower so i don't know what to expect! All i know is that it's at my house and i have to provide the food!!!! I gather my sister is organising a few games to play and mocktails! Any one got any suggestions or stories from showers they've attended?
    Thanks,
    Linds

here are some games ideas..

1. dummie spitting compition - speaks for itself, very funny.

2. Don't say "BABY" - Each guest receives a baby nappy pin as they arrive and explain to the guests only once: If you catch someone saying the word 'baby' you get to take their nappy pin. The one with the most pins at the end of the shower wins

3. Baby Food Guess - Purchase 6-10 jars of baby food, remove the wrappers and number then number the jars. Have the guests try to guess the food

4. Pins in Rice - Place about 50 small safety pins in a bowl of uncooked rice. The blindfolded guest has to pick out as many safety pins as they can. Set a time limit such as 30 seconds. The one with the most pins wins.

5. Change The Diaper - teams of two need to change the baby's diaper each team member can only use one of their own hands - the other belongs to their partner. The fastest team wins! don't use a real baby - just a dolls lol

6. Measure Mummy - Pass out yarn, string, or toilet paper and have the guests take off the amount they think will fit around mummies belly, closest wins

7. Draw The Baby - This baby shower game requires paper plates, pencils/pens, and a timer. First, the guests will put their initials (or name) on one side of the plate. Then flip it over to begin. The guests have to draw a picture of a baby on the paper plate. The key is, the paper plate is on the top of their heads while they are drawing. They cannot stop and look at their drawing during this and have 2 minutes to complete. At the end of the 2 minutes, someone collects the paper plates (NOT the mum-to-be) and the mum-to-be is the judge and picks the one she likes the best

hmmm... hope they help.

I've been to one baby shower and the games were similar to those in last post. It was fun, just lots of chatting with other mothers and eating lots. I remember my friend just had some really yummy sandwiches for everyone, and then some cake I think. Was nice and the games were a laugh!!

I didn't have a baby shower or have I been to one. Seems like fun. Hope you enjoy it.