Thread: Baby sleeping when I do?

Default Baby sleeping when I do?

Hello

I always thought at night time pregnant people swear at their babies because they are keeping them awake kicking them when they are trying to sleep....

Smylie doesn't kick at all at night, unless I wake him/her up being restless myself. I get kicks maybe 7.30am and then a it varies during the day and then maybe 8pm and 10/11pm but only if i am awake....

Normal? Lucky? Something I should remember to ask the doc about?

maybe you are just lucky! I find that my baby doesnt always kick at night as well, but sometimes it does. I think as long as you are still feeling movements everyday it shouldnt be anything to worry about.

Lucky. And now I'm going to stop talking to you, Kelly! Liebling didn't let me get any sleep last night (OK, so I got some in the small hours, but that's not last night, that's this morning) due to hiccups and kicking. But then, Liebling has always been a hyper baby.

Are you just sleeping through the night kicks? Once I'm asleep I can now sleep through the 2am and 5am kicks, but if I'm awake I can't get to sleep whilst they're happening. In fact, the last two mornings I've been woken up with the alarm clock, not the contractions that had started!

I was never woken up by kicks, so either he was sleeping when I was or I just slept through them

Emily was like that, I never felt her during the night - maybe just a twinge here and there but she was usually sleeping when I did.
    When she was born she was sleeping through the night at about 7 weeks and she is now two and is still a really good sleeper....so you might get lucky

I think its more when I actually stop moving around, that I notice them more than anything. Having said that though, last night when I went to bed I got a few kicks that made me jump.

Don't worry Kel I'm the same. I don't feel anything while I am sleeping!!

Doesn't generally wake me either. Usually he takes a while to settle down when I first lie down, but I know he must sleep during the night quite a lot, because if I have a really restless night when it's too hot, he doesn't "get up" until about midday the next day!! LOL I guess he has to catch up on the sleep he missed out on while I was tossing and turning during the night Well, he'll be keeping me up when he gets to the outside, so I figure it's only fair...

Mine wriggles a bit when I first lie down, but when I am on my side he/she goes to sleep as well. This is a problem, in that, when I want to roll over I actually have to manhandle my stomach and move the whole kit and kaboodle.

Until my husband wakes up in the morning and screams at my belly, "Good morning, BABY!!" does it move again.

Thanks so much
    I wasnt worried worried but when I'd wake up and have to wake the baby up or not feel anything for a couple of hours i'd kinda worry.
    Am hoping it will be sign of things to come with baby sleeping at night time straight away (wishful thinking maybe)

Yeah, I've thought the same thing. "Wishful thinking" it is.

It's great that the baby sleeps all night though, until I have to roll over and stumble to the loo!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHh.

Bean kicks ALL night lol.
    At first it kept me awake, but I can sleep through it now. But I sleep spooning DH, and the kicking keeps him awake all night Poor thing - he says his back feels like a football it gets kicked so much!

tiamiami Guest

Well my baby is now one month and one day old today.... When I was preggo with him when I lay down on my back or side it did not matter it took at least 15 mins for him to calm then he would sleep but around 2 am to 5 am he had a dancing party in my belly!