Thread: Baby slowing down - is it nearly time?

Default Baby slowing down - is it nearly time?

I have had a really active baby ever since I started to feel her move. Yesterday she slowed right down (still felt her quite a bit) does that mean she will be coming soon do you think? I'm 38 weeks todday and I really want to meet her and have my body back!

Thanks everyone

I read somewhere that from 36 weeks onwards, the baby will slow down alot due to the fact that theres hardly any room for it to move anymore.
    But who knows......maybe ur little one is getting ready to meet u. Sorry i'm probably no help at all lol.
    Good luck

Sorry Rachel. Movements slowing down does not mean your baby is about to come out. Amy is right. It is very common for the movements to slow late in pregnancy

My bub slowed down alot from about 37 weeks during the day. But still had constant movement at night....ok a hell of alot of movement.....was like she was trying to break down the walls. Keep a watch on the movements though, my OB was concerned a few times when i said bub never moved alot during the day. Some days nothing at all.

I found when bub was ready to come out i felt zippo.... no movement wat so ever, so was hooked up to CTG twice because of it....but in saying that... i hope and fingers crossed your bubba wants to make an entrance real soon

As for body back.... its a nice feeling..... having clothes that fit again, being able to eat more then a mouthful of food.....only down side is i feel like some one has drawn a road map on my tummy damn stetchies!! I also dont like the feeling of a flabby soft tummy.... i loooved my hard pg belly..miss it alot.....*sobs*

Oh well, I can dream! My 2nd was born at 38 weeks so I really thought this one would be born earlier.

I know what you mean about a hard belly, it is nice isn't it. I remember looking down at my wobbly belly just after having DD and wondering if it would ever go away! It does though - through hard work and excercise!

Oooh not long to go now Rachel!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Rachel...

Wishing you all the best for the arrival of your little one.

Keep us posted on how you are going.