Thread: Baby's Engaged

Default Baby's Engaged

I had an OB appt today and my lovely OB advised that the baby has engaged and its unlikely I'd make it all the way to my due date (May 18) - am currently 35w1d

Curious as to how long others have gone once baby is engaged - eg when was bubs born?

From what I understand baby can engage weeks before labour - so hoping bubs stays put for a while yet - anyone else been at this point or earlier and when was bubs born compared to when they engaged

Apparantly first Babies engage earlier?

Naomi

My DS#2 was engaged at 36 weeks and I was told he'd probably come early too. He arrived at 40+5 weeks! So it doesn't necessarily mean he'll come early, but at least he is out from under your ribs LOL!

My bub was engaged from my 35w appt (think it was 35w3d) and arrived at 38w exactly so could be a few weeks yet! Hope your little one stays put a bit longer

i was engaged at 33 weeks, i went to 40+3!!

i'm in a similar position at 33 +2 - Ob didn't seem bothered at all by it.

was talking to a friend the other day who was engaged from 32 weeks (ish) and her DD was 11 days late.

i think first babies just tend to (from what i've read) engage a bit earlier. i'm not whinging - this kid is VERY active and having the pressure OFF my ribs isn't a bad thing!

Angie engaged at about 36wks, didnt grace us with her presence until 42 weeks.

With my first she turned & dropped, engaged, at 7 months and she was induced on the day she was due. Walked around 5cm dilated for a week or so and no BH's
    2nd DD engaged early also and was 2 weeks early.

Both bub's didnt actually engage until i went into labour!!!
    sorry no help here!!

i would ignore your OBs comment..
    bubs will come when its ready
    and i know how it feels to get to 42 weeks when told i wouldnt make it to 38...

No#1 was 1/5th engaged at 28weeks and didn't move from there. I was a bit worried but at my 34wks appt she was still 1/5 engaged.

She came the next week. I am not actually sure that she was fully engaged on labour day and judging from her bruised head (covered the whole top of her head) she may have travelled a fair way that day.