Thread: Babys weight gain in 3rd trimester

Default Babys weight gain in 3rd trimester

I was hoping someone could tell me at about what rate bubs should be growing/ putting on weight. I am on clexane injections and DS was 5pd 9oz so Drs are concerned this little one may not grow much towards the end of pg for various reasons. I am almost 33 weeks and in the last three weeks bubs has only put on 300gms, and now weighs 1695gms. I had a scan today and the DR said it was "reasonable" but hello, what does that mean? I can't find the info anywhere as to bubs weight gain in later in pg. I have been told i will be induced anywhere from 36 weeks depending on how bubs is growing and a week or two after i come off the injetions, incase of needing an epidural.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi kas

Babies can put on anything between 1kg and 1.5kg a month.
    I am a little confused as to how your your Dr can be so accurate with your babies weight. I have seen on many occasions where mum has been told that she is having a small/large baby only to find out this is not true. A few weeks ago a woman under my care was told by her Dr that her baby is going to be well over 9 pounds. He was 7pounds 4oz when born at 41 weeks.
    Dont stress you hun. Talk to your Dr at your next visit. Ask him how he can be sure of the babies weight.

Hi Alan and thanks for your reply.

I have been having regular scans to check on weight gain/growth and from these they have got their estimated weights going off alot of different measurements at each scan and comparing them all. After the last two scans bubs is not staying on par with the growth arc / chart thingy. My Ob is going to asess the situation next week when i see her as to how much longer bubs will stay in to give him the best health wise, but with saying that she is also thinking that he will grow better in the outside world once he is obviously strong enough! I am measuring (fundal height) smaller than the weeks i am and have since week 24 and although it is not a true indication i have not gained any weight for at least a month or so (going off my scales as OB does not weigh). Other than that all seems to be going well.

I will make sure i have a list of Q's for OB when i see her next week to help ease my mind. Thanks again.

Hi Kas - I have been told by the women at Sydney Ultrasound for Women that my bubba is pretty small and she scared the hell out of me. My OB is not as concerned as he has been monitoring me pretty closely and I guess he would know after having so many years experience. I'm due for another ultrasound next week to monitor bubs - so I will keep u up tp date!!

Hi PrincessT,
    I hope your bubs is doing well and the u/s goes well next week. Wow you don't far to go either, isn't it exciting?!? I look forward to the update.

Hi kas

I did some research last night at work and found that your baby should weigh somewhere between 1600g - 1800g so your baby is within normal range

Hi Kas,

I actually found a website that has all the average measurements and weight of fetus, for each week of pregnancy.

It is called gehealthcare so just type that in but just with com at the end.

I wa going to email link to you, but you have no www Let me know how you go

Thanks Alan and Nadine for the info and i will check out the site. =D> That is more reassuring to know, bubs is still in the "norm" even if on the lower side of things.