Thread: Back to back position?

Question Back to back position?

Hey hope u ladies can help...i had midwife appointment yesterday and was informed that my baby girl was in a halfy halfy back to back position she advised me to makesure i sit up more straight and go on all fours to help her move out of it do any of you girls have any other idea's and suggestions to try and move her out of this bk to bk position as i have 7 weeks left and midwife said would be an idea to just start working on it now as my partners sister had her lil boy 3 months ago and he was bk to bk and her birth was hurrendous when it come to her having to get him turned around in the birth canal and the bk pain was undescribable so hope any of you can help me out, as shes head down and heading in the right direction its just the position shes in i would very much like to get her out of it... HELP???

I'm guessing you mean the baby is lying with her back is against your back? I don't get the halfy halfy reference though? As long as the head is down then that's about all you can hope for. Babies can start off a prosterior at the beginning of labout or they can start off facing the back and then do a switch at the last minute and end up the other way.

Smile Thanks!!

Well midwife said she isnt full on back to back but shes pretty much that but kind of on a slant position but since midwife saying this i keep having horrible bk pains. Just scared that she will stay that way and il end up having a birth like my partners sister which i sooo do not want so just trying to find out as many ways as pos to try and move her out of this...guess its just wait and see and maybe she may do want her mummy wants lol!

My little guy has been head down for a while but is doing head spins! Some days he's one way and some days he's the other. Sometimes he's pushing at my bellybutton with his feet and other days his butt is pushing out forwards!

You could try look at the Spinning Babies website (just google it) which has lots of suggestions for turning babies around, but it you do some hands-and-knees time that should help. Babies backs/heads are their heaviest part, so getting onto hands-knees allows gravity to help turn the baby into a better position.

Other than what your midwife said I dont have any more suggestions. Both my babies were lying 'back on back' and I had little to no back pain during both pregnancies and no back pain during both labours. As someone said, they most often turn at the start, or during labour. So I hope that gives you some hope!

At my last appointment (34wks) bub was in a posterior possie too and the dr wasnt overly concerned.(A33 weeks he/she was in ana anterior position) Having said that i checked out the spinning babies website, and have been more conscious of my posture when sitting (half lying on the couch!!) etc and spending some time on all 4's each day, hopefully it will help. Rmember there is still time for bubs to move, also I asked a midwife at my childbirth classes and she also suggested sitting on a fitball during the day instead of a chair and just rotating hips, pelvis, and she suggested doing this during birth too to help bub get into the right position.
    Good luck - hope it helps!

Thumbs up Thanks gurls!

That was really helpfull ladies thank you for all your suggestions and replys i think i totally agree with all what u have said sometimes its just ment to be and there is still time for her to move and to be honest bk pain hasnt reli been a problem in my pregnancy at all so will keep doing what i have been and more of what u have suggested and since i posted this message she has turned again and again so its just whatever takes her fancy at this stage i guess lol thanks again very much appreciated! P.s will def check out that spinning babies website aswell so thanks for that too takecare xx

I'd suggest you do all you can to turn bub but in the end if it doesn't work don't stress too much. My DS was back-to-back and while it was painful and the pushing stage took longer than you would want, I still only had gas (and got to 9cm dialated labouring at home without gas). A wheat bag on lower back was MARVELLOUS and relieved the pain greatly. So don't let it scare you too much But expect a squished little bubba when he/she comes out though LOL!!

Smile

Oh yeah i do plan on doing all i can to turn her around as i dnt want her to stay like it for when i go into labor! But yeah i know how painfull it can be and alot longer as my partners lil sister went thru it all about 3 months ago with her lil boy alfie so i sure dnt plan on having to experience it either,but i got 7 weeks left and im trying all i can and since i posted this she has turned various times so it just depends on what mood shes in as shes on the side at the moment lol! Thanks! x