Thread: Back Pain ??

Red face Back Pain ??

Hi Guys,
    I am in my 34th week now and the last couple of days I have been experiencing peculiar back pain mostly from the centre to the right hand side, it comes and goes.
    My placenta is anterior and the baby is head down with its back towards my left hand side which my OB says is all good.
    I guess my question is - is it possible to have BH contractions in the back and if so could the back pain be an indication of having a 'back labour'?
    Hope someone can help.
    All the best
    ME

Not sure that they are BH - as they are contractions of your uterus, but it could be the ligaments stretching with increasing weight etc. If i walk too far on any given day i get bad back pain on just one side of my back - very low down. Try some sretching or warm baths if it gets too bad.
    Oh also back labour usually refers to if bub is posterior (like my cheeky monkey) but if your ob said bub is head down on the let you should be ok.
    Good luck and if your still unsure - i would call your hospital just to check!

Thanks Tan, I just can't remember from last time how it all felt towards the end. You may well be right in saying it is my ligaments stretching with extra weight. My belly seems to grow more each night and I am having trouble keeping proper posture........