Thread: belly button pain????

Default belly button pain????

Hi everyone,

The last 2 days I have had the worst pains around and behind my bellybutton.. I had it once before and figure it is just muscles stretching and pressure from the baby growing... I am finding it hard to get relief at the moment and tossed and turned all night trying to get comfortable... Does anyone have any remedies for relief?????

angelfish Guest

That sounds really annoying! I remember my bellybutton used to get very itchy in late pregnancy, but not actually sore. Could it be the muscles etc streching apart underneath? Sorry I haven't got any suggestions to help - maybe you could ask the doctor/midwife or whoever at your next checkup?

I had a sore belly button too about 10 weeks ago or so.. i just put it down to stretching and perhaps bubs kicking it. I have an "inny" belly button which wont pop out when pregnant so perhaps that could be the cause too?

Belly button pain is usually caused because your belly button can not stretch as much as the rest of your skin can. Try using massage oils or a hot pack

Mine is really sore too ATM

Hmmm, there was some pulling behind my belly button too, like bubs was playing tug-o-war with whatever is directly behind it....kinda painful.....naughty baby!