Thread: Belly Pain with Baby Movements

Default Belly Pain with Baby Movements

This is kinda hard to explain, so bare with me!!

In the last couple of days I've been getting some pain when munchkin moves. It's only ever between my belly button & the bottom of my ribcage. Whenever he rolls over there, I get a sharp stabbing pain, but also when I touch the outside myself I get the same pain. I don't know, it kinda feels like I'm bruised on the inside (?)

Do you think that maybe something is bruised from all of his squirming? I have my next appointment on Thursday, so will get the Dr to check it out, but just wanted to see if anyone has had the same thing...

I used to have alot of pain on the right side of my rib cage (underneath) and that is pretty common. Can't remember if it hurt to touch or not #-o Hope it is just something like that for you too Sarah, it was almighty uncomfortable.

Love

Marcia Guest

I also had a lot of pain under my ribcage on both sides and felt like Hudson was jamming his feet between my ribs all the time lol! It did often feel like I had bruised ribs IYKWIM? It was always worse if I was sitting down as I think he had less room in there (just a theory 8-[ ). HTH!

I also have a spot that is sore whenever bubs hits/kicks there - just on the right side of me sort of in the middle. It is a stabbing pain as well and I think it's a bruise or a tender spot that bubs always gets. I doubt it would be anything to worry about but I will mention it next time I see my ob.

Well by the sounds of it sore spots are quite common. I'll still check with the Dr on Thursday, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

Thanks girls, I always know where to go to get a bit of reassurance that everything is ok. Where would I be without BellyBelly?!

Sarah, my belly is gettimg sore spots too atm, just to the right of my belly button. Oh and to the left too I think it's just your body stretching that makes it hurt and a little tender. Not much fun I'm afraid and there is so much more stretching and growing to be done.

Take care
    Trish

layla Guest

Sarah, those little bubba's can kick mighty hard! I used to get really tender spots with Kate. My doc told me he once had a patient with a broken rib from her baby's antics! Anyway, I hope it goes away soon, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Hi Sarah

Hope munchkin is behaving!!

All your muscles and ligaments are stretching in preparation for the birth so can move a lot more than they used to be able to.

I had the same - relaxin is working overtime and you've probably got some inflammed tissues in there!!

I'm sure everything is ok - it took almost a year for my aching muscles and ligaments to heal!!

Best wishes

Pietta Guest

I had really sore side of the belly- kinda hip area almost and i agree with everyone else- they kick pretty hard!!!
    I hope all settles down for you- but dont forgert it is very squishy in there!!

Sarah,

I had a horrible pain that would come and go in the 3rd trimester. I went to the hospital about it and they put it down to squashed organs and there was nothing I could do about it (in detail one doctor said it was my gall bladder but my ob laughed that off and said it could be any organ squished and sore). Looking at Aidan now I realise how much my body needed to change to cater for him inside my belly, so I am sure the pain you are feeling is quite normal, let us know what your doc says.

Jess

Hi Sarah,
    I am getting heaps of aches and pains at the moment as well. I have had what feels like a stitch on the lower left hand side of my tummy for four weeks now. My ob just said that I would be getting pains everywhere because of the relaxin and the baby moving around.

"Ouch" at the thought of a broken rib caused by a baby. They must be pretty strong.