Thread: Belly supports - do they work?

Jed Guest

Default Belly supports - do they work?

I'm carrying quite low, i've been told, which is why i've had a sore tail bone and lower back pain. Lately i've been wanting to carry/hold my belly up especially when i'm standing or walking. Has anyone had to use a belly support and do they work?

Jed

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I've been using one for about a week or so to help me with round ligament pain (like a stitch) on my left hand side, and yes, it does work in easing the pressure and supporting your belly. It is not attractive mind you, but I pop it on under my clothes when walking to and from work and usually no one is the wiser. I find I can't wear it sitting down as it pushes my belly into my chest even more and I find it hard to breath, and it aggravates my heartburn.

I also wear it to bed, which is when the pain is usually most acute, and it definitely helps then too.

love
    sushee

Jed Guest

Sushee - did you get hot and sweaty wearing it? I sit at a desk most of the day due to having a desk job so i'm wondering if worth getting one once i've finished work - but that's another issue altogether.

Jed

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I opted for the belt support, not the full belly support, even though the latter was more attractive, and I'm glad I did. Not only does it give you support you can feel, but it's not hot and horrible. In fact the support belt is only about 2-3 inches wide altogether.

I probably would have gone without if not for the round ligament pain while I slept. I finish work in 3 weeks and had thought I'd muddle through until then. I don't find I need it much during the day, as I work at a desk job as well. Not wearing it when I sit at work means that it hasn't made much difference to my lower back pain or tailbone pain.

What has helped with my lower back pain is antenatal aqua aerobics, so if you have the time and you're able to find a class in your area, it was actually a huge help. I have to admit to aching very muchly in varous mucles after my first class though!

love
    sushee