Thread: BH question???????????

Question BH question???????????

well this probably sounds silly and i probably shouldnt be complaining but i haven't had any BH at all and im 31weeks 2moro so i rally just want to know when i should expect to start getting them or wether i might not get any at all just a little confused

I didn't really get them at all when pg with DS1, maybe once or twice when I was 40 weeks, but they were very mild. I got them heaps more with DS1. It's pretty normal not to feel them, especially with #1.

i didnt get them at all with my first, but, have been getting them with this preg.. well, i assume thats what it is. I have read that its quite normal to not get them with your first preg, as its all new to your body, and, even if you do get them, you may not even reconigise them.

From what I've read, all women get them in some form or other as it's essential to toning the uterus for the big job it's about to do. It just seems to vary significantly whether you feel it or not, and what it feels like for you. Some of mine are really noticeable... the best I can describe it is a strong tightness and pressure around my lower belly like my body has decided to do a sit-up without checking with me first! Most of the time though, I just notice them when I put my hand on my belly and it feels different - goes really hard for about 30 secs to a minute. These ones I don't notice unless my hand is actually there, otherwise there's no obvious sensation or change in my belly or anywhere else. Oh, and when I have a bare-belly I can see the difference - it goes a bit more taut and kinda square rather than rounded!

I'm sure your body is doing what it's supposed to do... it's just in stealth-mode!!

JwithJ- U lucky chicky on not having any BH. With my pregnancy with the twins, it was my first pregnancy, and I had them from 16 weeks onwards. The night I went into labour, I was having them and not thinking anything of it. It wasnt until my waters broke I knew I was in labour.

You will be getting them, just not feeling them. Perfectly normal, especially in a 1st pg. Look at it as a good thing

yikes bridg not fun like i said i probably shouldn't complain but i feel like im missing out on something

I understand you feeling like your missing out on something . But there's plenty of time left, you may get them yet! And then you might wish that they go away

JwithJ- I also understand u feel like ur missing out on something. When real contractionns start, u will probably be grateful u didnt have BH, as like mine, can be painful.