Thread: BIG BABY

baby4 Guest

Default BIG BABY

Hi There Im 3i Weeks Pregnant And My Measurements Say 37 They Are Concerned About Diabetes Has Anyone Has These Type Of Measurements And If You Have Did You Have To Have Your Baby Early

Colleen Guest

yep i had big measurements and they poked and prodded me for GD about 8 times lol

They measured jaykob at 37 weeks gest and they told me he was approx 11.5 pounds. I had people gathering around my ultrasound, i felt like a freak show lol

But he came out at 10 pound and i had him 10 days early , he just had a big head and a chubby tummy... and when i say big head, i dont mean that in a bad way lol he was just a big boy, but not as big as they thought

I had a 36 week u/s and they told me Milo was measuring at full term, probably weighed 9lb and to expect to go early.
    I had him at 41w3days, and was induced. He did weigh 10lb, but was very long.

skorpy Guest

I had my Daughter 1 week early,i was induced because i had Gestational Diabetes,she weighted near 9lb a week early

hi baby4

i have always measured big with my bubs, but not by that many weeks, at the moment im measuring about 3 weeks ahead. my bub no 3 was 2.5 weeks early and weighed 9.5lb.

just noticed you live at tanilba bay, im at lemon tree passage, and im nearly 31 weeks pregnant. email me if you like.

good luck

I am measuring 2 weeks ahead atm... and have GD... I will be talking to Ob tomorrow about the chance of baby being BIG and inducing!!!

Be interesting what your Doc says being that far aheadin measurements!

I measured 2 weeks ahead at 20 weeks and will be having another scan to check around 32 weeks. I haven't had the test for GD yet, but I know Matilda was very long at birth so this one is probably the same

mumof2beauties Guest

Have you had an ultrasound lately to check for polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid). I was 23 weeks but measured 28 and was found to have too much amniotic fluid. Sometimes it can be a sign of problems in the baby, but more often than not it is just one of those things. I am now 37 weeks, but measuring 42 weeks and expected to have this little darling weeks ago, but am still waiting!!
    Just ask your dr for a scan just to check!

I always messure behind my dates. This is my 3rd & am already 2 weeks behing in messurments. I just have a lot of room. I wonder if those messuring ahead are shorter then the average person?

I'm 5'10 so... maybe not Good theory though, sorry to blow it out of the water LOL. Matilda was 55cm at birth so I assume this one will be tall too.

Hi there

I measured 4 weeks ahead with my first pregnancy and I had an 8lb 14.5oz baby on her due date.

With my second pregnancy I measured 6 weeks ahead and I had an 8lb 8oz baby on her due date again.

This time around my midwife doesn't measure my fundal height, but I know it's big again. I don't have GD or anything, just the way my body carries.

Good gracious Kylie....both on your due dates! Any secrets to share?!

Absolutely none! I am currently 2 days overdue with #3.

Hey, my first child was born 17 days over, i didnt even discover i was pg til 28w (just had a pot belly) he was 9p 2oz (4.15kg) at birth; my second was delivered at 37w, he was already 8p (3.62kg), and my 3rd, a girl, was born at 30w, she was 3p 11oz (1.68kg), but on the 97th percentile (going by that, she would've been 9-10lb at birth...) Im very slim, and about 175cm tall, and inever looked as pg as i was, just the way i carried them (posterior, spine on spine) Everyone carry's their bubba's different, sometimes it can be because of a bigger bub, or excess fluid, but it may just be the way your carrying bub. Hope its nothing to worry about

Yes, Yes and Yes!!

Going by my measurements and ultrasounds, my baby was huge!! apparently she was off the charts!! I went with their suggestion, i had a c section.... she was 8lb14... average i would say. Given the choice again, i would at leat try to have her the normal way, even if it ended in an emergency c section.... HTH

Hi J Kelly - just want to wish u the best of luck for the rest of ur preg....i'm sure everything will work out great