Thread: Big belly or lots of fluid?

Default Big belly or lots of fluid?

ok I'm not quite in the 3rd trimester yet but all I seem to worry about is if I will end up with a big stomach or not!

My mum was quite big with all her pregnancies. She had twins first time around (Me and my sis) and then 11 years later had my sister shannon and a year after that had my other sister Hannah and with Hannah they thought she was having twins again she was so big! But it turned out that she just had lots and lots of fluid and when her waters broke she flooded the bed, and little Hannah was born right on time and was a bit over 6 pounds.

So my question is, is there anyway to tell if you are carrying alot of fluid during pregnancy or if your just all baby?

and is it likely that because my Mum had all small babies that I may have a similar sized baby?

I had an u/s a couple of weeks before Flynn was born to check on the amniotic fluid levels. I don't think they do it just because tho. I had it done because they were worried I may be getting pre eclampsia.
    I would try and not be too worried about how big or small your baby is going to be. The OB I saw at the hospital suggested that my baby seemed very small when he poked around my belly. Flynn ended up being a fairly average 8lbs.
    You won't necessarily be like your mum and any future pgs may not be like your first! They are all very different!
    HTH

Thank you for that.

I guess the reason I am worried is because my cousin recently had her first child in the same hospital as me and they didn't ultrasound her to get an estimate of bub's size and all they told her was with her belly size they think her baby is average size of 7-8 pounds. She ended up trying to push him out for 18hrs before they decided to give her a C section and in the end he was 10p 10o. This does not worry me the size of the baby (although I am really really small but know I will have experienced people around me), but I just don't want to have a bad experience like my poor cousin.

Oh your poor cousin.

Check out this thread http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/labo...es-nudity.html

My SIL had an 11 pound bub and everyone fussed over how big he was. But then I told myt mum and she said that was a standard size baby 40 years ago. Maybe our perception is all wrong??