Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder bouncing?

Question Bladder bouncing?

Hellloooooo

Just wonderin if anyone else is getting this, or had this feeling. It sorta feels like bubs is headbutting my bladder or something, and some of them are REALLY quite uncomfortable and I can't say that I absolutely love the feeling of it.

I'm guessing its my bladder because its sorta the same feeling as if you have to hold your pee in for a REALLY long time, sorta an ache, but not really? Does that make sense?? Its been happening for about 2 hours now and its reallyyyyy starting to get to me.... I've also been peeing heaps today - like I went 3 times in 10 minutes....

Is this just bubs getting into position for birth? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hey Mel. Sounds like bubs is moving in the right direction - DOWN lol. It's not much fun, but it's good news that it looks like baby's finally engaging.

Hope it eases for you soon.

I'm with PinkLilly, just be aware though if your getting aching and frequently going to the toilet u could have a Urine Infection. If it persists best to get it checked out to be safe.

Oh yeah .... it hurts!!! along with the "lightning" feeling too when they bounce up and down reeeeeaaaaaly low - but yes jsut keep an eye on it for infection signs.

How do you know if it is an infection? I'm still peeing heaps but it doesn't hurt when peeing, just hurts when bumped....

Oh I know that feeling...and I hated it too.

Maybe get it checked out in case?

How do they check it? Just make me pee in a cup or something? (Obviously I've never had one before!!)

If you don't have any pain should be fine, and probably is just bubs making sure you remember them every minute of the day

I haven't had a full UTI before either, but think a pee dip stick test can test for acidity etc and that Ural is ok - but as I said - I am not 100%.

But, I still think if no pain with peeing etc or pain in pelvis apart from the jolting feeling, it is just bubs squishing up all your bits.

Thanks Sam. I've never made it this far along in pregnancy and DS never engaged or anything cos he was a c-section baby - so taken out at 39 weeks.....
    No more bladder bouncing this morning though.. been replaced with cramps.. LOL

They make you pee in a cup, the they stick a test strip of paper in it that changes colour if there is an infection

Sounds like you're getting the show on the road - Good Luck with it all

I've had baby bouncing on my bladder this entire pregnancy. I kept reading that the 2nd trimester would be a blissful time of non-frequent urination, but my 2nd trimester was a nightmare in that regard. Actually, now that my uterus is higher I've been more comfortable in my 3rd trimester (and very late 2nd trimester). I'm enjoying this small reprieve before the baby drops and the bladder bouncing starts again.

Good luck with yours!

Yeah it was happening again last night.... so hopefully it means there will be some action this coming week!!!!!

Kuraiza - geez its such an unpleasant feeling.... Sorry you have had to put up with it for so long.. I'd go nuts!!!

Ooooh Mel, this is all starting to sound promising hun!!! With Oskar I just felt like I needed to peeeee but couldn't...so a pressure. Then there was the crampy feelings and the day before I had him I just felt weird all day...that is the only way I can describe it - kinda in my own world and quite a bit more tender, not sore but got really tender to sit etc. Ooooooh I'm getting sooooooooo excited....lalalala!

I've been experiencing the bladder bouncing the past couple of days too, good to hear its normal.

It's so annoying because I always feel like I need to wee but most of the times nothing comes out it must just be the pressure from the baby?

I hope things start for you soon, sounds very promising!!

Good luck with your VBAC

Cass, don't say that mate.. I've had crampy feelings today, but only light and on and off.. felt a bit off this morning, dunno why, just tired.. didn't want to do anything but sit on my fat butt.. lol

Tuesday.. gotta wait till Tuesday.. lol

Oooh Mel, I think you'll be having a baby this week!!! I would be surprised if you went past that.

Cass - I would gladly have this baby now if it stopped the text messages saying "anything yet.".. "have you had it yet".... "are you in labour"... "have you popped yet"...
    ARGHHH.. its driving me insane!!!!!!!

Danielle - thanks for your well wishes for my VBAC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast