Thread: bleeding after baby

Default bleeding after baby

i have a question to ask didn't know where to post, about bleeding post baby.my daughter is 6 weeks old today..i still havnt stopped bleeding, its not bright red blood its like browny reddy colour has been for a few weeks now.. i wasn't expecting it to stop today right on 6 weeks but if it doesn't stop in the next week or so could that be a problem?? I only bled for about 4 weeks with my first daughter so this is all new to me. And im looking at getting the implant contraceptive but you can only get it on your first or second day of your period..how long does it usually take for your period to return to normal as im not on any contraceptive now and want to go on one asap,also cant remember this from my first was 4 years ago lol

I bled for different lengths each time.. with my 3rd baby I bled on and off for 9 weeks. Just mention it when you go for your 6week check..

It almost seems cruel to have 9 wonderful months free from it then have it for so long afterwards lol

oh lovely lol. i know its annoying especially in this hot weather we are experiencing at the moment cannot go swimming

Wow, tasha i'm beind with the times i didn't realise you'd had bubby! Congratulations!!!

The info i have on implanon is that you can get it i think 21 days post-birth. They can't tell you for the 1st-2nd day of your period as it's compatible with breast-feeding - and the majority of women don't get their periods when bf'ing???

But yeah, check it out at your six-week - i think you'll find you can have the implanon inserted already.

Best of luck!

HI tasha, with my last baby, I was still bleeding at 6 weeks. It wasn't much, but enough that i knew it was there. At my 6 week check up my Ob did a quick scan and found a piece of placenta about half the size of his fingernail that had gotten left behind. A D&C the next morning got rid of it and after that all of the bleeding stopped. So definatley mention it to your Dr at your 6 weeks just to be sure.

with DD i bled for 7 weeks.. then 2 weeks later AF came!

not very impressed!!

sorry ashnant yes i did have my bub on 17 december on her due date via c section!! sorry u didnt hear lol i did post it.Oh true i will have to check with the dr then if i can have it inserted now the sooner the better lol. Oh ok kirsten i will definately ask the dr when i go on wednesday ta

what is af pardon my ignorance

Yeah tasha i wasn't around so i wouldn't have seen it! But that's fantastic!

AF - Aunt Flo, another 'euphemism' for your period