Thread: Blood nose from too much crying???

Unhappy Blood nose from too much crying???

Hi, just wondering if it is normal to get a blood nose from crying. I've had a bit of a boohoo week. My grandfather didnt recognise me, and today my pet ****atiel died. It got all a bit much and I just couldnt stop crying (damn preg hormones). Then I had a whole heap of blood come out of my nose when I blew it. No dripping, just when wiping and blowing(not huge blows just normal). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is normal or not. I also almost fainted while siting on the couch tonight. Last ob appt was 100/60.
    I'm thinking that it is all just too many emotions, what are your thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Love

Hi Helen ,
    Im sorry to hear that things arent going as well as they should be - but its always darkest before the light..
    as for the blood nose , i didnt get them when I cried but from about 25 weeks or so I did get quite a few - usually when I blew my nose , even now I still get them every now and then.. must be just another fun pregnancy symptom

Thanks enigma, sounds like it may have just been coincidence.
    Wow not long to go now, all the best for a great labour and birth.

Love

Thanks Tanya. Dont you love it how kindness will make you start crying all over again.

Love

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Helen it is very normal I get them for no reason or if I blow my nose or when I am crying and blow/wipe .
    Sorry to hear about your Grandfather not recognising you and also the loss of your bird. Even if you weren't pregnant you would cry about these things.
    Hope the erst of week is brighter for you.

Im sorry to hear about your sad news.
    Ive had similar bloody noses for the past 10 weeks or so when i blow my nose. Not every time but mostly of a morning or night. Ive read nose bleeds are common in pregnancy due to the extra blood your body is creating. Prior to being pregnant i have never had a nose bleed in my life. I dont think you have anything to worry about.. cry your heart out i say.. i do.. always makes you feel a little better