Thread: blood pressure question

Angry blood pressure question

just wondering todaY i had my 37 week check up and my b/p was 150 over 80 i was told this was high 20 min later it was lower and ok two weeks ago i was 130 over 80 now i was told it was normal so wat is normal iv been given the go ahead for a vbac but was told that i still might need a c/section coz of my blood pressure keeps going up each week it looks like im going to g thought the crap i did with my daughter they told me when i come in next week i should know wats going on about the birth of my baby i dont wanna know then i wanna know now wat are my chances of having a vbac or c/section i just wanna know for crying out load iv gota 2 year old iv gotta think about and pack for get her looked after not happy at the moment
    sorry had to vent.............. can anyone help

I am sorry you have to deal with this atm, I know how frustrating it can be when nobody gives you any answers. I don't know what the norm is for blood pressure but my standard BP when pg is about 120/80 - 130/80. It can be different for different people though. Sorry I can't help too much but try to have a nice relaxing week and I hope you have a better time at your check up next week!

bizar- i too have the same problem myy b/p last time was 140/80 and it goes up and down at every visit, i see my ob on monday and i want to talk about my chances on a VBAC as he told me that i might have to induced if it stays up, i too have to think about my daughter as she is only 19 months. Hopefully we can still try for our VBAC, also if you ahve to be induced ask your ob if they can break your waters to try and start labour.

Its only the top number they normally care about, and over 140 is high.
    mine went up to 140/90 once, but was down again and varied between 100/60 - 120/75 for the third trimester.

It's the bottom number they worry about more than the top. Mine was okay until 33 weeks with my last pregnancy. I was admitted to hospital at 36weeks with high BP.

33 weeks it was 118/78
    35 weeks it was 130/85 & taken about 5 mins later 128/82
    36 weeks it was 138/90 & taken about 5 mins later 120/98 twice

I think they worry once it goes over 90.

Hope this has helped.

Hi Girls
    Both numbers are important

Baiza It is common for your BP to go up when under some stress like having a checkup. Try to relax for a few minutes before they take your BP.