Thread: blood in urine?

Question blood in urine?

I had my app today and i had blood in my urine. What does that mean? The dr sent away a sample to test but im scared of what it means.
    Can anyone help me????
    Jenni

Do you have thrush?

No thrush. I just read that if it is a infection it can bring on the labour.

It could be your cervix thinning out, or some kind if mild urinary tract infection. I had blood in my urine with all of my pg's. I think it usually means you are fighting off some kind of infection, but being as far as you are it maybe the very beginning of things happening.

Alan or someone will be able to tell you for sure but I don't think its anything to worry about at all.

Scorpiomum

I would say that your cervix is softening and perhaps you have had a show. At this stage in your pregnancy you have a very rich blood supply down there and a small amount of blood in your urine is not unusual. Other things that could cause this are:- DTD, exercise, excessive housework (nesting). I am sure that there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks Alan. I had my 'show' a week ago, and now i have burning all the time, it only started about 20mins ago. Not comfy. I went into the hosp as i thought i was in labour last week and the mw said that my cervix was very soft already. So fingers crossed it is the start of things.......
    Also thanks Natalie, i hope i will be posting a birth ann soon!!

Good luck - I hope things are happening for you Sounds like it, doesn't it?

yep im hoping so.... I am so over being preg, i just want to meet him!! Zain is sooo cute. That pic is great!!