Thread: A bony hip = longer gestation?

Question A bony hip = longer gestation?

I had my 38w appt today, and to be honest I'm really doign pretty well in this pregnancy. Even though the last couple of days have been quite warm, I'm really not getting much swelling in my feet at all. I can still break into a jog to catch jenna or get to the phone in time. I was jumping with Jenna on the bed this afternoon. Pretty much still eating and drinking normally, and the only discomfort I have is my back, hip and shoulders while sleeping.
    I do get heaps and heaps of BH's, but I'm so used to these they aren't so much painful, just sometimes cause me to catch my breath! My tummy is getting a little queezy with strange smells though.....

So anyway, the midwife today did the whole "you are looking great" thing, which is lovely to hear. I've acutally not even put on 10kg so far this pg! Then she had a feel, and said - "wow, thats a really bony hip!". Evidently this child still has plenty of weight to put on yet.....

Does this mean I'm definitly a late cooker? Jenna was induced at 40w+11d, and was not even a little bit overdone. Like not at all. I also ballooned with her in the last 2-3w. The stretchies still haven't faded from that episode!

I'm just thinking that the baby wont come until its ready, I'm still doing pretty well (which just doesn't seem right at this late stage), and if its still not got enough fat, maybe it needs at least 3-4 more weeks to get ready.

Anyone want to put any money on me going later than due date? I'm picking Christmas Day, which would make it 10d over.

Christmas Day Fi will be so wonderful. I'm not sure if we have a Christmas Day BB baby i know we have a Christmas Eve.

I've always said i will have mine around Christmas my appt at the hospital is on the 21st Dec so only time will tell.

Oooh Fi, feel free to have bubby on Christmas Eve! I'm sure Maddy would love to share that day with another BB baby. Leanne's little man Drew was due Christmas Day last year but arrived 10 days late I think!

I think you will go over cause I just do...your previous child needed to rest in your uterus a few more days cause she hasnt stopped since lol. I estimate that you will be 3 days past
    Bec

Haha Lindsay. I too had the "any day now" thing with my daughter - for about 2 weeks or so and then finally got induced 11d past my due date. Unfortunately unless you have basically gone into labour, its all bloody speculation!! They really have no idea.
    I'm really not expecting to go early, like not even a little bit. My mother has booked her flights for the 27th Dec, and I reckon she might make this birth too. I also have to factor in the lovely DP who will tell me to close my legs the closer we get to Jan 1st. he wants the first baby born in Vic. Bloody idiot.... he will realise what a BAAAAD idea that is if he has to put up with me 2w over again!
    Good luck for you - I hope you are sooner rather than later

I am sorry to say but i hope you dont go into labour on christmas day. Only for the simple fact i dont like the idea of you being in so much pain when you should be enjoying yourself with your family and friends. Maybe early hours chrismas day or late christmas day. But im sure you wont have the first baby born for the year in victoria!
    I say you will go on the 20th december! (Good day too its my DF's birthday!)
    Best of luck,
    Jenni

[QUOTE=Fi;532130] I can still break into a jog to catch jenna or get to the phone in time. I was jumping with Jenna on the bed this afternoon.
    QUOTE]

LOL Fi - I'm so envious! I'm moving about like a huge ocean liner and have been for some weeks. I hope you get to spend Christmas relaxing and not labouring. Good luck.

Who ever said that Christmas Day with family was relaxing? You obviously haven't met my IL's
    Seriously Blackbird - I put on about 5kg in my last 3 weeks last with Jenna (2w late), and I was soooooo uncomfortable. So I'm expecting that to happen again this time, I'm just secretly hoping it doesn't. That extra 5kg tookme about a year to shift!

Hey Fi, have you started with the EPO yet ?? Fingers crossed you aren't a late cooker. If there's nothing worse than going late with your first baby, it's worse going late when you have another one to look after,

Isn't it amazing what we can gain so fast, can take so damn long to loose. I am still having issues loosing weight. Well I did loose, it just found me again

LOL Trish. Tricky weight, always hiding around a corner somewhere. I'm joing a gym Jan 1, and I'm going to run these flabby arms into oblivion. I am determined to be in my good weight zone and fighting fight by the start of preseason (mid Feb).

I talked to the midwife abotu the EPO on Friday, and she said just to start taking one a day orally, and to leave the vaginal ones until I was term. So I guess I'll do what she says. I'm just not what I'm going to do with all the 200 tabs I bought! LMAO.

LOL, well apparently they are really good for PMS too. Hmm perhaps I should get myself a truckload...