Thread: Boy or Girl ??????? Should i find out at 36weeks

Default Boy or Girl ??????? Should i find out at 36weeks

Hi,

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with #2 and tomorrow i have a ultrasound. We wanted to find out the sex earlier but couldn't as the baby had his/her legs crossed.

What i wanted to ask you is, if the opportunity was there to find out the sex at this late stage would you? Or would you prefer to wait the 4 weeks and have the suprise at the end?

My DH doesn't want to know the sex now, i think because we are so close he'd rather wait. Half of me does and the other half doesn't, I know i would probably regret it if i did find out and i also know that i woludn't be able to keep it a secret........So i guess i should just wait til the end. What do you think?

Take care Leah

I'm just pg with no. 1 and just had this discussion with my friend last night.

Her suggestion was that if the ultra sound was 100% certain then go ahead, but if there was any doubt at any stage, even so close, then just to wait.

We are still undecided yet but I think if I was in your position I might find out just for myself, but I have no trouble keeping secrets. from anyone but the closest friends and family members.

good luck and I hope the last few weeks are H&H, can't wait to be there myself

Lee-Ann Guest

I guess for me I would find out as I feel knowing what I'm going to have hasn't spoilt anything plus I'm not big on surprises and I love knowing cos I can buy all sex appropriate clothing etc and I just love that, plus I think finding what my bub will look like it just as big of a surprise. It's really a personal choice. I think they'd be able to tell at 36 weeks quite clearly.

My friend found out she was having a boy at 18 weeks and had to have another u/s at 30 weeks and it was so obvious that they didn't make a mistake (she just wanted them to double check).

Custardtart Guest

If your DH doesn't want to know, it's sort of difficult to keep it from him if you find out. Personally I'd be tempted to not find out under those circumstances, but it's your call!

Kerrie

Fee Guest

Personally, I'd just wait!

Thanks for your feedback girls.

I have decided that i WILL wait and get a big surprise at the end!!!!!

I am so excited about seeing bubby today.

Take care Leah

Hope your ultrasound goes well today!

I hope that you are able to hold out on finding out the sex of your baby!!

I was sooooooo wanting to know what sex all our kids were - Zahra held her legs together most the pregnancy and Liam even managed to hide his willy!!

Best wishes to you!

mooshie Guest

if you can i would try to hold out and wait as you are on the home stretch.

i did not find out with my first two children and with lani i had to know (for emotional reasons i had a lot to deal with it being either sex) but i dh did not want to know.

well i found out at 18wks and my ds then 4yrs old also knew as he would help me choose things for the baby, he would tell dh not to look in the drawers or you will see what colour the baby is (to cute) - my dh found out by opening the wardrobe at home about 1hr before she was born, he was at home looking after ds whilst i was in hospital being induced with the gel - he thought he had all night to deal with the emotions, that is why he chose to find out his way - on his own so he could deal with it, without unloading his emotions onto mine - little did he know that our angel would be there 1hr later.

if and when i fall prg again i have already decided i will not find out as i did not feel any different bonding between the children if i knew the sex or not and i found that not knowing the sex really helped me focus on delivering the baby as i was hanging to know what i was having, with lani it just seemed a bit different knowing i was having a girl.

good luck in whatever decision you decide.

Fruitwood Guest

Hubby and I are both really wanting to know the sex of our baby. We have an ultrasound booked at 19 weeks and as friends of ours were able to find out the sex of their baby at their 18 week ultrasound Hubby has taken the whole day off work so that he can attend, lol. Hubby is desperate to have a boy and reckons that I won't tell him what it is even if I find out. Other friends of ours haven't been able to find out their babies sex until they were born so I keep warning him there is no guarantee that we'll even be able to find out at all. For now though I'm buying things in neutral colours, lol.

Sharon

Hi girls,

Well i had my ultrasound this arfternoon, everything went really well.

Bubby wasn't hiding anything from us so we DID end up finding out the sex of bubby........ we have however decided not to tell anyone else and just keep it as our own secret. I am sooooooo happy!!!!!

Take care Leah

Congratulations on finding out!!

I went into most of my ultrasounds saying "I won't find out" but then always seemed to ask what the sex was!!

Hope you have a wonderful birth!!

Best wishes

Fire Fly Guest

I think the choice is yours and you already made that i think before the ultrasound, lol.
    With Dd we didnt want to find out. Its special with the first. Everything is new and exciting and you dont care what it is as long as its healthy.

With #2 i had a gut feeling it was a boy. Dh didnt want to know the sex so when i had the 13 week scan he couldnt come, so i took the opportunity to find out.

I told him when i got home that i knew what the sex was and when and if he was ready then id tell him but until that time i wouldnt tell anyone else.
    I totally stood by what i said to. Big secret to keep but i needed to.

He know now, i must admit it feels good to know second time round. I still wouldnt do it for the first though. Glad we didnt want to know.

Congrats, hope the birth goes well.

Congratulations on finding out and that bubs is doing ok.

I am going to say a boy.

congrats on finding out leah....

see, you can keep a secret!! :-#

all the best,

Linda