Thread: Braxton Hicks??

Default Braxton Hicks??

Hi, since Saturday i have been feeling braxton hicks from every 3 - 15 mins apart all day. Yesterday i started feeling like a period cramp with them, and if i am walking i'll get a sharp pain in my lower back, today i've had the cramps but i've been lying down or been in the pool and haven't noticed the back pain. Is this normal? I don't want to go to hospital again as i just spent 3 days there this week under observation because they thought i have pre-eclampsia. Did anyone else experience such frequent BH?
    Thanks
    Melissa.

mel, if you sont want to go to hospital, maybe just ring the hospital and speak to a midwife and see what they think.

Melissa I got period like cramps several weeks before I went into labour. Its your body getting itself ready for labour (well thats how my OB explained it to me). But as Min said, ring the hospital and they should be able to advise you over the phone. Hope you have a nice easy labour!!

For me BH didn't cause any pain at al... they were a little uncomforatable, a tightening feeling in my lower abs, but that's it!

Tanya

Needalifemum Guest

BH's can get quite painful, especially towards the end. It can be quite confusing as you think you're in labour but you're not.

A midwife once told me, how you know the difference is to have a bath. If they are braxtons then they'll likely go away, if they are real labour pains then they will keep going.