Thread: Braxton Hicks

Default Braxton Hicks

I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what Braxton Hicks feel like. I think I might've had one last night but I'm not 100% sure. It felt like a pulling pain on the left side of my tummy but it was a lot stronger than the normal pulls that I've had in the past.

I know these are all normal but I'm just wondering if this could've been one or not.

I think people can experience them differently. For me they were like period pains, a bit crampy (especially with a full bladder!), but I've heard other people say theirs were painless and their tummy just went really hard for a bit.

HTH.

mizzsocial Guest

with myself, my whole stomach goes really rock hard for about 10-30 seconds without pain..
    But the furthur along i get, the more it starts to feel like dull period pain for a couple seconds..

lucysmummie Guest

I had a really bad braxton hick last week in the shops i was nearly bending over but its like a shock pulling on the side of the tummy! my mum said thats what it was like for her and she said that I must b having them, and SO early!!!! I also get the dull period pain [email protected] thing too!!!

Hi Leah, I find your description really really interesting, as I've had this major cramping but just on one side of my uterus. Only happened a handful of times, and lasts an hour maybe? and then goes. I presumed it was feet poking out or something but now I'm thinking maybe it was BH?

I too also get period type pains in the last week or so.

lucysmummie Guest

yeah its weird! I was walking in the shops and thought It was the baby but it was very different to the baby kicking like a hardening or tightening! my mum said she had exactly the same thing.

It was like a shock pulled muscle or something and it comes and goes... also i get the crampy period pain thing too....

I was just surprised to get it so early as i sometimes get it in bed too Ill just b sitting there and all of a sudden WAM i get this tightening pain thing.. as I said its more of a shock rather than a pain but I can understand how u can get it mixed up with labour..... but hey its my fisrt time so im really no one to give advice.....

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I get them often - my uterus goes tight /rock hard and feels lumpy for about 15-20secs. then relaxes again.I can feel them coming on but tmine are not painful.

I get the rock hard tummy and they are relatively painful but only last up to 20 seconds and are gone again. I also get the period pain and the left side muscle pull pains its all part and parcel and can come at regular intervals in very late pregnancy just time say the first 5 before ringing the hospital as it can just be BH and not actual labour if its BH the time between will start to waver or the pains will disaprear by about the 5th tightening i have found.
    Anyways have a great day all.
    Mel