Thread: Braxton Hicks

psychomamma Guest

Default Braxton Hicks

Has any one else had early painful Braxton Hicks contractions? I have been feeling them since about 19/20 weeks ( this is my third pregnancy) I didnt feel them at all in my last two - or only a few in my last few weeks.

I haven't had any. But I understand that it can vary strongly from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy.
    Sorry, that I can't offer more help.

Snowy

Well i'm almost 27 weeks and from time to time i get these strange sharp pains in my belly, at the top and sometimes down the sides. Not too sure if it's Braxton Hicks though. This is only my first pregnancy.

psychomamma Guest

Those pains could be either Braxton Hicks or the round ligament pains ( I think they call them that!) you get - I get heaps of the sharp ligament pains too more when I roll over in bed or something like that they are on the side near my hip more- the contractions are different and hold tight across the bottom of my uterus and seem to last for a few minutes and then go. Sometimes those ligament pains can be a real killer! I start to roll over in the middle of the night and then have to stop because I can feel a real sharp pain coming on! Oh well only 18 weeks to go - hehe