Thread: Braxton Hicks contractions

Default Braxton Hicks contractions

When you get them how long do they last or go on for ??

I have been getting a pain in my belly for the last few days and it has always been close together like one every few minutes.

Also get a pulling feeling low down and i have had some CM but have had that during my pregnancy anyway.

I never had a natural labour with my first pregnancy so i don't know what i should be looking for.

Any help would be great.

Custardtart Guest

That sounds like it might be it, a cramping feeling like a stitch or period pain. Everyone seems to describe it a little differently.

Kerrie

Default REPLY

Darl, sounds right. If u r worried call hospital though, it's not too early for pre-labor or actual labor, I had both mine at 35weeks and 5 days so monitor carefully angel. Good luck ohhh so exciting......

I started getting BH at around 28 weeks and they lasted until about 38-39 weeks then nothing until i was induced. At one point they lasted for 3 hours coming every few minutes, regularly. I really thought it was it but then they just died off.

I've been getting them since about week 28.. havent stopped yet either..
    BH ive been told will stop if u have a bath or shower and the midwives at the hospital have said they're nothing at all to worry about.

Lou Guest

I have been having Braxton Hicks since 20 weeks! told the midwife this and she said "I hope not" yet when I told my ob this, he said perfectly normal and good as it is your uterus getting into practice. My belly goes very hard for about 30 seconds and feels like a very mild period pain, although not painful, just a little uncomfortable. Happens 2 or 3 times a day.

nicoak Guest

I had the same experience as Lou. Although they have been absent for a week or two now...hmm interesting.

Custardtart Guest

Oh I'm glad to hear that, Lou - I'm just 21 weeks and DEFINITELY felt a 'tightening' today, but I'm thinking that this is much earlier than with my other pregnancies. I'm glad it's not just me!

Kerrie

I didnt get any signs at all with my first son, just all happened.
    This time around i am getting them a lot and hoping it means that my body will be better prepared for birth this time around, can only hope!

layla Guest

I'm getting them very frequently now. I started feeling them at around 20 weeks but they are stronger now.
    They are harmless, it's odd that the midwife said what she did Lou.