Thread: Breach Baby

Question Breach Baby

True to my style, this is abit long

At 28 weeks, baby was head down (near my hips, RHS) bum up.

At 31weeks, baby has turned back around, head straight up, one leg up - foot near head - the other leg down.

But, this is what i have felt, and i just want to know if my assumptions are correct, or just co-incidence.

For the past 2 or so weeks, movement have been slight, still moving, but slowed down, and not as jabby or anything. On Monday night, was really painful and tight across the top of my tum, and this continue for a couple of days. And, when i think about it, not so heavy feeling down low. On Wednesday night, felt heaps of movement, but more like slithering type, sliding type movement, and on Thursday night, Obs told me baby was breach. (and my bp is fine - 130/60 i think)

Could all that slithering movement have been baby turning back around?

Since then, up until late last night, felt baby more lots, and still feeling tight in the top tummy area.

This morning, baby is very quiet, have got a sore lower back, sore and heavy in the bottom tum area, and top tum area is not so sore anymore.

The big question is - could the baby have moved back into position? And, if not, am i going to know when the baby has moved?

If my lower back is sore - could that also mean that the baby has it back up against my back? Would i be able to tell that?

Or - should i just stop trying to read into everything to much, and just wait - but, waiting is killing me.

I'm not sure about the answers to your questions about baby's position - it's hard to say because it can be really tricky to tell even when you're the one feeling it!

But I can say that my DS was breech and sometimes transverse until 32 weeks. I remember very clearly when he turned head down because I felt alot of movement, and for a few hours the skin on my belly felt like it was stretched right out, and looking at my belly it was a funny shape. I also felt alot of pressure in my back.
    After a few hours the pressure relieved, my tummy looked and felt normal again and the next day I was told he was head down.
    So I definitely noticed it when he moved so entirely possible that's what you're feeling too.

Im not sure about the movements etc - I can hardly tell if Im feeling a foot,knee butt etc!! but check out the spinning babies website(just google it) - there is definately time for bub to move and also there are things you can do that will help with bub not staying posterior (back to back) too. At my 32 and 36 week appointment bub was posterior - and during this time and leading up to my 38 week check - I did lots of the stuff recommended - eg. spending time on hands and knees for 10 minutes each day, not sloucing back in my chair- sitting on a fitball and rocking, and generally sitting more upright and it worked! Bub has turned back to an anterior possie! I think its worth trying -!! Good luck!

76stars - thanks, check out the spinning babies website yesterday. It just confirmed what my obs and physio already told me. Am spending time on my elbows and knees, and sit straight upright - actually is not comfortable to slouch anymore anyway.
    When i feel baby awake, i sit forward abit more to help - well, it feels like i am helping anyway.
    And positive thinking - when i on my elbows and knees, i tell baby to move into position - help mummy out!

I wish i knew if it was working or not!

thats right - my obs does a scan every visit, so, next one is at 33weeks. but, even if it has flipped the right way around - it can still change its mind cant it?