Thread: Breasts leaking

renee78 Guest

Default Breasts leaking

Hi guys,
    This is my first pregnancy, so Im not sure if this is normal.....Im so embarrassed telling you this, but my nipples have started leaking clear and dark yellow fluid and im only 29 weeks pregnant. I thought this was only meant to happen after birth or just before birth. This isnt a sign of going into labour early, is it? Is this normal?
    Thanks

It sounds like you are leaking colostrum, which is fairly normal. I am 28 weeks, but have not leaked any and some people don't - right up until giving birth. I have no knowledge that this is a sign that you are going into early labour. You may need to start wearing/using breast pads. I think Danni (??) was leaking colostrum

yes i am a leaking machine!! I have to wear breast pads 24/7. This is normal, and no we wont go into labour early necessarily

renee78 Guest

Thanks guys. Glad to know it's normal.
    Im such a stress head

Yes it is completely normal. Well I hope it is because I'm leaking too.

Hi Renee

Don't worry hun, you are normal. ou may continue to leak for the rest of your pregnancy. Or the leaking could stop at any time. Also it does not mean that you will go into labour early

Yeah it is normal. I remember one night just sitting there watching TV at about 5mths and I felt cold and wet and I had leaked and infrequently did until I had Gemma and Teagan. It is normal, but a pain in the butt sometimes!

I am leaking a fair bit too, especially at night, or after a shower, but mine is almost clear, sort of cloudy fluid. I used to leek like a tap with Jackson, breast pads are a life saver

renee78 Guest

Thanks for your responses everyone...I got a scare this-morning, but I feel much better now At least I know they're working..yay!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what if only one breast is leaking? Is this a problem? Thanks

im almost 29 weeks and im not leaking anything is that normal......

I'm the same as you meegm, which I am told is completely normal, so nothing for us to worry about.

On a seperate note, I have been told pigeon breast pads are good for leaking boobies

Sweetpeajan
    One leaking is OK

Meegm
    No leaking is also OK

Welcome to my world! I've been leaking on and off but at the on times it's pretty full on! I think it started at about 25 weeks or so with me but I think I'm a special case as I have a pituitary prolactinoma, so I've actually been leaking on and off for much of the last decade!

My friend who gave birth a couple of weeks ago had absolutely nothing leak out during her entire pregnancy and has not had any problems with her milk coming in and her little girl is suckling away like crazy!

I started leaking around 30 weeks, clear stuff. totally normal, as everyone else has said.

i have been wondering when will mine start - i guess i should get some pads to be prepared. But, sounds like there is a chance that they wont leak at all?

mum2bee - mine did not leak at all, unless I squeezed them, and even then not much.

I want to know if leaking or not leaking while pg is related to how quick milk comes in?