Thread: Breech babies

jay-b Guest

Default Breech babies

Has anyone had a breech baby? My doctor told me the other day that my baby is lying breech and i really scared about what's going to happen if he/she dosn't turn around.
    The midwife told me that if the bub dosn't turn around, i will more than likely have a c-section, she ran through a c-section roughly for me but it hasn't made me feel any better, the only thing i'm scared of is the local and epiduryl needles.
    Can anyone who has gone through this please give me some more info about what happens? [-o<

Jayb - the c/s chatter in this forum is really good for some info. Have a look at that and hopefully it will put your mind at ease.
    Fi

Jayb - I was a breech baby myself - big toe first actually (midwifes announced me as a boy LOL) I was born naturally but Mum says it was like giving birth 5 times for the one baby. I think nowdays they do c/s on you because they don`t want the risk hanging over there heads with parents sueing them left, right and centre if something does go wrong.

I was at high risk of having a breech baby because of the shape of my uterus- at the moment he is head down but I read up a lot on c/s so my mind was prepared in case I needed one, I also have read if you get down on all fours and crawl around for 30minutes each day baby may turn into head down position - that could be worth a go for you.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dont Worry!!!!

Hannah was breech from about week 28 and would not turn around. They even tried the external method (sorry cant remember its proper name) which was pretty uncomfortable but didnt work. In the end we had a c/section and it wasnt a stress. Thinking about the epidural was heaps worse than having it - they are behind you so you cant see much and you dont really feel anything.

You could get lucky and bub might turn by itself otherwise a c/section is just a little thing to get a lovely bub. And if you think Im calm about it all,try reading my posts back at the end of November/December - I wasnt so relaxed then!!! O

jb, i have heard getting down on your hands and knees for an hour or so each day, ie to do vaccuming, or scrubbing floors or something is a quite effective natural of forcing bubs to turn, worth giving it a go?

I hope i dont sound dumb, but what does breech mean? Is that when the baby is coming out feet first?? (Or did i just make that up??)

Karina, they can come out feet first or like myself big toe first and I think they can also come bottom first. Only 3 - 4% of babies are breach.

Take Care

Deeanne