Thread: bub is engaged and on her way!!

Smile bub is engaged and on her way!!

Visited OB today for routine check up and he said bub is engaged!! They write it down as fifths on my chart and he said she's two-fifths. 35 weeks was five-fifths, 36 weeks was four-fifths, now two-fifths YAY Is this the normal way they do it? I know bubs can go back up, and even turn breech, but fingers crossed she won't and she'll just keep on coming

cazoraz Guest

YAY you're almost there!! How exciting!

Some doctors do it that way and other do it the opposite. Eg. 5/5 would be fully engaged, but other doctors may say 1/5 is fully engaged. It gets a bit confusing. My doctor always went with 5/5 was fully engaged. Fingers crossed she stays put!

YAY that is excitingas!!! GL I hope it all happens soon for you!

skorpy Guest

I was told today that the head is down and its 3/5.So what did they mean lol.

Also at 33 weeks my fundal height measured 37cm,but i have to take into account my excess fluid problem too.but seeings i was 27cm just few weeks ago at 31 weeks thats a big increase isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by *Tegan*
    Some doctors do it that way and other do it the opposite. Eg. 5/5 would be fully engaged, but other doctors may say 1/5 is fully engaged. It gets a bit confusing. My doctor always went with 5/5 was fully engaged. Fingers crossed she stays put!
    My dr refers it to 1/5 being fully engaged. Maybe each hospital/state is different? All I know is she's on her way, and it had better be soon!!! Although for the first time in MONTHS last night I actually had a great sleep, got about 7 hours in

from my understanding the /5 refers to the station. so -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 are stations towards the pelvis, when engaged it is a 0 and then on the way out of the birth canal it goes 1 2 3 4 and 5 is fully out. so i presume that 2/5 would mean she is at station -2 which is almost fully engaged and ready to come out fully. i dont know if that makes sense.