Thread: Bub reacting very differently to certain music

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Bub reacting very differently to certain music

I'm 29 weeks and have noticed over the past few weeks that different genres of music make bub react in very different ways.

My husband is a guitarist and likes to play loud. He also listens to and plays rock and heavy metal all the time. This makes bub go completely hyper and movements are quite jerky etc when that type of music is being played.

I like all kinds of music but have noticed that when I'm playing piano or listening to something of a softer nature (eg: my latest thing to listen to is Andrea Bocelli) bub either doesn't move or when it does the movements are more relaxed and not as obvious.

I'm a little bit worried now that the loud rocky/metal music is distressing bub, either that or it really likes it and I have a heavy metal loving muso in the making in there.

Hi Danniella - Aricyn was a real little rocker in the womb (but then my DH and I are metal heads). We went to a Placebo concert when I was about 7 months pregnant and he went off!!! Kicking and rolling all over the place... and he's a real little rocker now at 11 months of age.. its cute... :-)

I want to go to a gig soon, which is also heavy metal but abit worried on baby's reaction too!

Caz

I play my music loud and Ramlet goes off. I also did it with James and he's the most beautiful, placid, gentle boy....oh and with a wicked sense of humour too.

I went and saw KISS while I was pg with my eldest and she went pretty crazy - but she turned out just fine Some bubba's react the same way to classical music...

When I was pregnant Euan was absolutely jumpy whenever I was playing music in the car - there's a particular Death in Vegas breakbeat track that he seemed to love, he'd go mental whenever it came on. And he loves electro and dub. Now that he's out, he still loves those tracks when he's in the car. The playlist that I had made for the birth also seems to calm him now (lots of dub and chill electronica), and we played it to put him to sleep in the first couple of days after he first came home.

But he's also fallen asleep to almost anything - my partner was playing At the Drive-in (I think it was, something noisy and a little bit angry) the other day and he liked them.

His first gig was the Live Earth concert at 20 weeks - he got bouncy during the John Butler trio but that could have been cos I was having a good dance too. He slept through Crowded House though...

Anything with a lot of bottom end they seem to like - the vibrations are slower! If I sing at my lowest range when I'm carrying him it puts him to sleep quicker than if I sing in a higher range.

Danniella, your bubba is probably just having a good dance, and will undoubtedly turn out to have excellent taste in music, just like his mum and dad!

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

My lil one went to Pennywise and seemed to love it! I played them thru my pregnancy and would get the same kinda reaction, kicking about. He shows a little bit of interest to it now, but generally just likes that sound/style of music!