Thread: Bubs movements slowing down

Default Bubs movements slowing down

Just today I have noticed that bubs movements are really sparse, almost like it is asleep, so I am still getting movment but not heaps like before. Could it be that the vibe of the day (my last day at work and quite emotional) could be affecting it, or is it just having one of those quite days we all have ocasionally?

I am not worried that something is wrong because I am still getting movement, just a little softer then normal, and further between.

Hi Leanne

Wow a Christmas baby!!

It is normal for your baby to slow its movements at this stage. One of the reasons is that there is not a lot of room for him/her to move. Also loie us babies need sleep. As long as you are feeling some movements its fine.

Thanks Alan, I figured that was all it was but it is easier to talk yourself into bad things then good. It is always nice to get it from someone else IYKWIM.

Also not long after I posted the message I got a series of hicups.

Leanne - this may put the fear of god up you, but I was told by my GP that after about 32 weeks to really pay attention to kicks. If the baby has gone more than about 5-6 hours without kicking/moving, try a glass of cold water - if that doesn't work I found poking her usually did the trick 8-[ , then call the brithing centre and let them know. They will advise you of what to do, but they may well wnat to see you for some CTG monitoring.

Fi

Lee-Ann Guest

I was told to count the movements when I felt them and if I can count 10 movements in a day then all was fine, as I went through a period of not feeling bubs all that much. I always counted at least 10 movements.

Hi Lee-Ann

Yes you are right 10 movements in a day is a good sign. But dont worry if occasionally there is less than 10.

If you feel concerned about the lack of movement, definitely go and see a doctor and have them write a CTG.

I don't want to scare you but I for example had a partial detachement of the placenta and that can also lead to decreased movement (you don't need to have bleeding with a placenta abruptio if it's just partial)

Snowy