Thread: burning sensation

Default burning sensation

I went to a GP 2 weeks ago because i thought I had the start of a UTI. Was getting a very slight burning sort of tingling sensation when I got that feeling that I needed to wee, not when I actually weed - there is no sensation when I actually go to the loo.

Anyway he was a bit of a quack I think, he didn't even do a swab to test if I had a vaginal infection, but he said I had a urine infection and gave me some tablets. Went to see midwife a week later and still had the burning, she checked my urine and did a swab and both were clear of infections.

But, I still have the burning, just wondering what else it could be? Would it be anything to do with if bubs has engaged and putting extra pressure on that area? I don't know!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Min this is basically what I am experiencing at the moment, not so much the burning, but almost stabbing and constant need to go to the loo - but but nothing when I actually wee.

I don't recall it being this bad with the previous 2 and I am wondering if The baby is putting extreme pressure on my bladder or perhaps an irritated bladder ( I know bowels and uterus' can get irritate, so I am thinking it could be possible for the bladder as well! lol)

Is definately not stabbing, just burning and tingling. I can't remember experienceing it with Jackson either, although he never engaged, so maybe that could be to do with it. I have midwife appointment again on Tuesday, so will see if Leo has engaged as I suspect!

Hi Min
    I would say that its either your baby pressing on your blader or you are not drinking enough water

Alan, can I just quickly ask you, when the pelvic floor gets weak, do you have the constant need to urinate and when you go have nothing, or do you just have small incontinence without that need?

I have been working on my Pelvic Floor consistently in the last few days, as this is my biggest fear? Yet when I am lying down I don't have the need, just when upright.

Hi Relle
    I would say that is caused by your baby putting pressure on your bladder not a weak pelvic floor.
    A weak pelvic floor causes you to leak urine when you cough, sneeze, laugh etc. Usually you don't get the feeling that you need to go, it just happens.

Oh thanks so much Alan!!! That is what I thought, that you didn't have the constant need to go - you just go iykwim, wheras I could almost permanently sit on the toilet, I go and there is basically nothing that comes out ( sorry bout the tmi)

Thanks Alan - The not drinking enough water could be true - I have been obsessed with ice cold water in the 1st & 2nd tri's and now I just don't touch the stuff, I think I overdosed!!! Will try and drink more though.

Relle, I have that constant need to go and only doing a little trickle as well, is just because the bladder has no room to hold all the wee now bubs is squishing it, so it fills up really quickly.

Min
    You should really try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.

OMG - I would have to camp out in the toilet, I go enough now, and I don't drink hardly any water!!!

I know you are right though Alan - I am a bad patient!

Min you are a naughty girl and if i knew your address I would come down there and put you over my knee LOL

Try to drink a bit more hun, it's good for you and your baby

OK, OK, I will make a point of starting today!