Thread: burning and stinging in my belly?

Question burning and stinging in my belly?

ello ello!

I wasnt sure where to post this one because it has to do with a previous C section, yet I am hoping for a successful Vbac, and Im in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy, so here it is.

This might sound strange, but last night we went shopping, and the whole way through the supermarket I was holdin my belly almost in tears! It was really tight and so sore, like every step I took I hobbled from the pain! And this bit gets weirder, I keep getting this burning and stinging sensation to just to the right of my belly button it gets so bad and burns and stings so much It makes me cry and I cant do anything, not even speak to my hubby. Its so painful and has been happening for a little while. I have had a previous C section with my first, I didnt think if it had to do with scar tissue it would of been up that high. Does anone have a clue with what it could be? I dont wanna rush off to the doctors again and find its just somethin little normal and silly that I was worried sick about. I have lumps under my C section scar also and they are swelling up and getting very painful my doc says its the scar tissue under neath the scar itself, and its nothing to be concerned about, but if its all stretching, swelling and getting real sore, is that some indication that maybe my scar wont be fit or healed enough to attempt a Vbac?

I am only going to try a Vbac if I can get the baby in the right position and he's not too big like the last one, and if I go into spontanious labour, fingers crossed!

So can someone help here? anyone had the same thing? or even know what it could possibly be?

thanks!

Danielle

I have no idea what it could be but if it's that painful go to the dr. You don't need the extra stress at this time. Sending hugs your way.

maybe you've pulled a muscle in your abdomen. On bub is sticking a foot in a really uncomfortable place. If it really giving you lots of grief, talk to your care provider about it.

HI Danielle, I am almost 35 weeks and just yesterday noticed like an itch deep inside just to the right of my belly button. It wasn't painful just weird and uncomfortable. I have had 2 c sections and am booked for a 3rd in 3 weeks, but have very little sensation around my scar. the itchiness wasn't near the scar so don't think the 2 are related. If it is painful definately go and see the Dr, especially if you are getting pulling feelings where your previous scar is. That is what the Dr's are there for after all.

Hi Danielle, I had the same kind of thing in the last week of pregnancy with my DD and also during labour. I remember telling the Dr that my tummy just near my beblly button felt like it was tearing. It didn't and my VBAC went just fine. I have noticed two tiny little stretch marks on my tummy near my belly button so perhaps it was the skin tearing/stretching. If you are worried mention it to your OB/midwife.

Hey again!

Thankyou so much for the replies, its eased my mind a bit its not a constant thing, but its pretty bad when it does happen and lasts ages, Im going to talk to my doctor about it at my next check up. Its probably just nothing though, I know the baby is still ok he's still moving around and that like normal. Well thanks heaps! I thought I was the only one that got burning near my belly button, I thought it was so weird, cause I never had it with my 1st. Maybe its something to do with having a c section or just a 2nd baby who knows but ill find out.

Danielle