Thread: Called back for another scan..

Question Called back for another scan..

I had the radiology dept. call me today after having a scan on Friday to check that the placenta has moved up and the postion of the baby. The placenta is all good but bub is breech and according to the guy doing the scan all is good and healthy.
    The lady that rang today said there is nothing to worry about but some of the pictures weren't very clear so I need to come in so they can re-do them. Now I know she said not to worry, BUT I AM..:frown: Has this happened to anyone else? The guy on Friday did say that at this late stage the bone density causes alot more shadow which is why they do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, so I am hoping thats all it is, cant help worrying though.
    On a good note, I get to have another look at bubba and maybe a better pic of the face, there was a little arm across the face on Friday..

Netty, I'm sure everything is fine. Let's face it if there was something wrong they would have said they can't tell you anything :-) Enjoy watching bubba and hope she turns for you soon

Netty, if you want I can go into detail about bone density, but it's fantastic that they need to re-do the scan as it shows your baby is really strong and healthy. I know it's a bit of a worry right now, but it honestly is a good thing that they have to re-do the scan. I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for, but I'm sure it will all be OK and you may be sent for someone to turn the baby, but breech isn't a serious problem (well, OK it is now, but it's not disability-causing or anything like that).

Thanks Thats good to know Ryn, he did say on friday that bub looked very healthy (heart etc etc)..

As for turning bubba, I am trying an acupunture procedure on Monday involving Moxibustion. Have another Dr app. Wed and if still breech, they will book me in to try the manual turn. Only thing with the manual turn is they wont do it if there isnt alot of fluid and the scan on Friday showed the fluid level is quite low. Anyway, no stressing.... bubbu is kicking and moving and hiccuping so all healthy as far as I can tell!

Netty. I can understand you being stressed hon. Honestly though, if there was something wrong, they would have wanted you there earlier than Friday - they would have MADE room if they were busy. So, given that you have until Friday - I wouldn't worry too much if you can help it. And like you said, you get to see Bubs again! I'm so jealous!

Love MG

Netty google, OFP. Optimum Fetal Positioning, as there are ways to encourage bubs to turn ( like shining a torch down low for bubs to look to, and the way you sit, like spending lots of time on hands and knees, and dont EVER if possible, put your feet up above your hips in front of you. ) good luck.

Thanks MG the scan is on Monday!! But she did say there was no problem so I am going to ride with that..

Vanita one of the hand outs the clinic gave me told me to lie on like an ironing board, head down so the baby will try and turn (gravity etc).. Did you mean when I am on the couch, not to put my feet higher? Problem is with heat, my ankles swell and I need to elevate them...cant win!!!

I have just resigned myself to trying what I can to get buba to turn in the next few weeks and if it doesnt happen then so be it, ceaser it will be. :frown:

Everything will be fine if they were really panicked they would have made yu go in on the spot, oyur little bubba is perfect. Oh ya lucky duck you get to see bubs again!

I will be checking in on yu missy to see how yu and bubs are!

Thanks Soul.. Well apparently the Dr I saw Fri week ago asked for another scan because he wanted to know what position the bubs was in and how the legs were (bent or straight up). So the chicky doing the scan today checked everything again and confirmed that bub is indeed still bum down and the legs are straight which unfortuantely means even more unlikely to turn as it is very difficult for bubba ...