Thread: Can extreme weather bring labour on early?

Default Can extreme weather bring labour on early?

Just wonder if extreme heat can cause you to go into labour early? Has anyone experienced this?

Why I ask is this -

One of the girls at work is 35w pregnant with her second baby & she went into labour yesterday. For those not in Sydney, the temp got up to about 40deg. So I wondered if the heat might've caused it to happen.

All is well with mum & bub & they managed to stop the labour, but they are expecting the baby to be born in the next few weeks.

It wouldn't be the weather directly, was she out in it directly she may have got heat stroke or something like that they may have affected it. Glad to here the labour was stopped though, but highly unlikely it was cause of a 40+ day, otherwise you would have overdue mothers baking in high temps thru the summer LOL

Love

Nah I don't think she was out in it much at all, I think just to take her son to school & pick him up.

I suppose you have a point there, cos Tegan probably would have gone too seeing as she's so close & it was even hotter where she is.

I have heard that being dehydrated can cause you to go into pre term labor. Maybe that's what happened.

Debbie Lee Guest

I have no idea Sarah.
    However, my Mum was telling me that she remembers being due at the end of December with my older brother (who was still born). She said it was a reeeeally hot summer and she ended up going 2 weeks over! So, in her case, the weather didn't help her much at all (not that the heat had anything to do with him passing away - hope my message didn't come across that way 8-[ ).