Thread: Can you go into labour before baby is fully engaged?

Jed Guest

Default Can you go into labour before baby is fully engaged?

Just was wondering if it's possible to going into labour before baby is fully engaged?

Jed

Absolutely, often second and subsequent babies don't actually engage till labour (so I've read). I have a gf who had 2 babies engage in labour and one before hand. So if you are worried don't be And not only that but most babies don't engage till after 37 weeks anyway.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Jed Guest

Cheers for that Cailin

Jed

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yeah don't stress, trust your body and trust your baby. Things can happen in an instant, even when you don't expect it or there are no signs. They can engage, disengage and not engage until labour. Only they know
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Aidyn was born at 39 weeks, and only one day after midwife had told me to expect him to go overdue, as he wasnt really engaged at all! Well didnt she get a surprise when she helped me birth him the very next night, LOL.

bruky Guest

With my last 2 children I wasnt engaged at all until I went into labour...HTH O