Thread: Can you stop Labour if bubs wants to come on the wrong date?

kerry Guest

Default Can you stop Labour if bubs wants to come on the wrong date?

OK this is a serious question.... well sort of...

If I were to go into labour a week early my little monster bigfoot will be born on 18 jan. Now I never used to have a problem with this date.... a really nice person and now great friend was born on this date... BUT ALAS, my XMIL was also born on this date.. the human pitbull... this woman is like a boil on the butt of society... she physically, psychologically and emotionally abused her own children, she does the emotional and psychological abuse on her grandson... I do not want my baby to share its birthday with this woman.

Ok so I am being a tad immature.

OK so I am being a LOT immature, but it really wouldn't be fair to the baby... she would wreak every birthdya party and make everything about herself. I just wnat my baby to have his or her own special day.

SO if the silly little monster decides s/he wants to come early and be born on yucky nanna's birth day is there anything I can do to stop or prolong the inevitable?

AN epidural prolongs the birth doesn't it??!! Apart from that I think when it's time it's time!! Good luck though, chances are slim, so lets hope it's not the case that your little one comes on that day!! ox

kerry Guest

Thanks Meg, it was only a half serious question anyway.

Not long now for you.... all the best but I am sure I will pop into December to hand out labour vibes and best wishes to one and all... just call me the LV santa... I'll be bringing sack loads.

Hi Kerry

There are a couple of medical interventions that can stop bigfoot arriving but this is only done if he is comming very early they will not do it for your reason. Sorry to say bigfoot will present himself to the world when he wants to.

ALan (Midwife)

Hehehe I hasn't wanted Zander born on March 20 cos Aaron's ex how's is still in love with him was born on that day, so I can totally understand!

kerry Guest

Well I would definatley be in mental anquish if bigfoot decides to come on 18th... I think I will add another sentence or 2 to the twice daily belly discussion...

Sentence 1... your a good baby and you are going to turn head down, bums up.
    Sentence 2... you are going to have a nice easy birth and not be a baby elephant or an umpa loompa like Dad's family say.
    Sentence 3... you don't want to come out on 18th... Yucky Nana was born then and you need a special day.

Maybe I souldn't call her yucky nana...hmmm... na.

LMAO
    Love it

kerry, huni, do you have to have anything to do with her if she's your XMIL? Or did I get it wrong?

If Im right then try to forget her, if she's your XMIL, legally she's got nothing to do with you or the baby-or amI wrong again, sorry not helping much hun? 8-[

kerry Guest

Nadia - she is definately the XMIL but unfortunately being involved with this family once is tantamount to a life sentence... At least one member of the XP's family drops in every day of the week. Its not all bad they do nice things for me (well except the yucky nana) like mow the lawn and vaccum and stuff but when she comes (the XP has lost his licence so she drives him over) she just sits on the couch, whinges about her life, whinges about my housework, drinks all my coffee and eats all my food.
    XP and I are 'friends' of sorts and he likes to have dinner once a week so that he can have 'belly access visits'. He is also staying (on the futon matress in the babies room) for 2 weeks while he does a course becuase its neaar my work and I drop him off. Plus he stays with his son every second weekend because his house mates are not the sort of people a 7.5yr old should be around, they have some substance abuse issues.

I think the 18th is a GREAT day to be born, but only because it's also my birthday hehehe

hey kerri
    if this baby is your first then he will be late most first babies never arrive on there due dates i think its 20 babies out off 100 are born on there due dates the rest are either born a week later or a week earlyer my daughter was born on the 9th of apirl 2004 and her due date was the 4th of apirl so you might have a good chance he'll be born a week later good luck not long to do know all the best

Awwww Kerry! Ditto what Tulip said! And I love that you know that btw Tulip, I find the whole fight or flight syndrome soooooo interesting. I think if more women knew how important it was to be comfortable and supported emotionally and physically during labour and to be calm and without fear we would have less intervention and happier mums & bubbas too! Not to thread hijack So basically kerry if you want to avoid labour that day I'd say make yourself extremely uncomfortable mentally and physically that day LOL!

Goodluck, but as Alan says he will make an appearance once he's good and ready! I'll be hoping hard for you!

*hugs*
    Cailin