Thread: Can't believe how many people are surprised at me being 'overdue'...

Default Can't believe how many people are surprised at me being 'overdue'...

Our due date for baby #3 was 23rd of August (Monday just gone) and I've now been booked in to be induced for when I'm 10 days over, (next Thursday) just like I have with the previous 2.

It amazes me though, how many people are surprised that I haven't had the baby yet. Mostly the other Mum's at the school drop off and pick-up.

I thought I read somewhere that it's something like 75% of babies are born after their estimated due date?

yeah. Maybe cause most people are aware of the stats that successive pregnancies start labour earlier?

I guess most people relate back to their own experience too and it would seem that most people I know haven't gone overdue, so I'm wondering what the true percentage is of those that do birth after their estimated due date?

on average I think most do
    The next thing is "omg haven't they induced you yet?"

Yeah, or 'Oh you're still here?', 'No baby yet?', 'Jeez you've dropped'...

Not that it really bothers me though, but I felt like a bit of a 'freak' when total strangers were looking me up and down at the shops the other day! Must have been the fitting maternity dress and my bump is way out in front like a big basket ball

Gah, I hated all those comments. I got them three times over because I went overdue 100% of the time haha! It's not like bub actually understands dates yet .

At least you know you don't have much longer to go

Hi Trish, yep this is my 3rd overdue baby as well I think these kids just get too comfy

You know the one i HATE the most....how long will they "LET" you go. Um until my baby comes as they wont be touching me unless they an prove my baby is in any danger...them doing anything outside of that would be what they call assault!

I always liked answering "When are you due?" with "last week" *evil grin*

I've had two late and one quite early. The early one is still way ahead of herself

People couldn't quite work out why on earth I didn't book in for a c/s with DS instead of waiting for 14 days past due date for a VBAC, even now they say the same thing Jas mentioned, "wow they LET you go so far" and I say, no they didn't LET me I chose to wait!! Not long now!! xox