thread: cant be right...

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

cant be right...

a friend of mine has 3 months to go and doc has told her that her body has no room left for baby to grow. she is very short but i cant believe this to be true. i havent bheard what they are planning on doing about it, but i presume early induction. it just sounds unlikely to me.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

MAybe ur friend should seek a 2nd opinion... Doesnt sound right to me either

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

hmm.. seems a bit odd doesn't it. Wonder what they're basing it on?? Definitely seek another opinion!

BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

Nov 2005
    QLD

What a load of rubbish. Your friend should find a new doctor. Or check his qualifications.

Feb 2009

What... The.... ???

If it talks like a duck - its a definite quack! I can only strenuously recommend that she find another doctor before this one tries to do something extremely unnecessary to her and her baby!

If she needs any anecdotal evidence that he is out of his flaming mind, I have a 5 foot nothing friend who carried and birthed - at full term - a 10 pound baby boy who measured almost 60cms in length. Of show her the octuplet mum pic in full bloom! There is no such thing as not enough room!

Oct 2004
    Sydney

How ridiculous!

I'm really short and I carried to full term just fine!

She should get a second opinion.

Jan 2008

second opinion needed!!! does not sound right

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

ahhh what the??? are you sure her doc actually said that? i have never heard of a baby being induced that early for being big?

check this out from the labour n birth section
    https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...es-nudity.html

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

i dont think they want to induce right now, but sometime in the future. it still doesnt sound right. wikll let her know she should seek another opinion. thanks

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

I am 5'3 and I was 18 and size 10 when pregnant with my first son. I am also very short waisted and induction was never discussed as an option for me, even though it looked as though my baby was going to tear it's way out of my belly via the stretch marks I had. My son was born 9lb7oz and 51cms.

I think your friend needs a second opinion.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Little people (with dwarfism) are able to carry babies to term. the doctor doesn't know what he/she talking about.

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

OMG.

The doctor's last name wasn't Patel by any chance??

I'd be shooting off elsewhere.