Thread: car capsule vis car seat

maggie Guest

Default car capsule vis car seat

Hi, we have bought a new car seat for newborn to toddlers, which I love…. but at the same time we have been offered a capsule.

What are your opinions on each of these. Friends keep telling us that the capsule is sooo good as if the baby is sleeping it can just be taken out of the car in the capsule and left to sleep for an hr or so, as where with the car seat , it is different, the baby will generally need to be woken to be moved out…

Thanks guys

Lorin Guest

I recon baby capsule would be excellent for a new born so you dont have to wake up bubs every time you go out some where! I still want to get one

HERE is the link to a similar thread you may find helpful

And HERE is another one

carls Guest

I was actually also given a capsule after buying the car seat, so I have decided to use the capsule for 3 months and then move onto the car seat.

I love the fact that I can move bub around without having to wake him/her in the capsule!

I'm hiring a capsule for the first couple of months even though we have a newborn suitable carseat.
    I found the capsule a lifesaver as newborns sleep alot and you want to wake them as little as possible - with the capsule you just lift the whole thing out of the car, take it inside and if bubs is asleep they can stay in there until they wake up

We bought a convertable carseat from newborn to toddler too. However our Midwife said that Capsules are safter when newborn but not to sleep in for long periods of time as they are curled up but only to travel in. Sounds good to let them sleep in there for a while until the next feed instead of waking them...Who knows what to chose. Will read your thread with interest.

Bel
    xxx

We did the capsule hire last time and will do again. I think the first few months its so much easier to keep them asleep if they are in the same place. Matilda never slept over 2 hours so I didn't worry about keeping her in the capsule for too long. I was told that it upsets their backs being scrunched up, but I found it invaluable when visiting people and not having somewhere to put the baby down around toddlers & animals etc.

Capsule fan here too.........used for for both Olivia and Charlie.....if they were sleeping after a journey I would just plonk the whole capsule on the table until they woke up..........we will be doing a capsule for B3 too........

I found the capsule invaluable in the first few months.

I had a travel system for my last one and will use it again this time round. I have the car seat part which clicks into a base secured in the car, you can lift it from that and click it into the stroller, bubs had no idea how often he has been in and out of the car. It was invaluable especially for the school run, in the car for 5 mins, bubs drops off, then get to school and ifi'd had a normal car seat i'd have had to wake him up to get him out for the 5 mins it takes to get the others in school then home again to the same scenario. With the travel system i didn;t even have to lug the heavy capsule around, just clickit in the stroller and away we go.

Taz