Thread: carpal tunnel syndrome

Unhappy carpal tunnel syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome is driving me crazy! Has anyone else had this? Any ideas on how to relieve the pain?

My hands are in so much pain at night time I can hardly sleep, the only way to get any relief is to get up out of bed and walk around, but as soon as I go back to bed it comes back and gets worse again. It didn't start out this bad, but has been getting worse every day. During the day now I have pins and needles/numbness in my hand, wrist and fingers, and pain when I move my hands a certain way. Last night I woke up and couldn't move my fingers really at all. My Dr suggested paracetamol so I've been taking 2 panadols before bed, then another 2 when the pain wakes me up at around 4am. I know it sounds like I don't have much of a pain threshold, but I really want to get some good nights sleep before baby arrives (due date tomorrow, so could be any day now) but with no sleep I'm just tired all the time and I don't know how I'll get the energy to go through labour without proper rest. Sorry for the rant, but I'm desperate.. any ideas??

I have it and it can be so painful. You can buy wrist band thingys from the Chemist to wear at night. I've found that I have to have my arm in a certain position when I'm in bed otherwise it's agony.

I also find that putting my hand in a sink of warm water helps ease the pain too.

The only thing that has ever worked for me has been acupuncture. I swear by it. Acupressure helps at times too. Google carpal tunnel acupressure points.

I have wrist straps that I use
    I know the feeling I had it with my previous pregnancy as well. its a circulation thing u need to try to keep them fingers down to keep the blood flow moving from what I discovered this pregnancy (its worse this time)

I have it really bad and so painful, especially worse at night.Paracetamol doesnt help me at all.I wear a wrist splint when in bed that gives abit of relief but the pain is still there.I am having physio next week so will see if that helps.