Thread: Cervix not down far enough

Lorin Guest

Default Cervix not down far enough

Hi there

Not understanding this but does any one know what it means when your cervix has not come down far enough at 41 weeks. What does this mean

??? I dont know?
    Maybe it means your cervix hasn't shortened at all as part of prelabour?
    I guess that your cervix is still high and hard, so it needs some time or something extra to get labour kick started.
    That would be my guess.

Yeah I would guess the same thing Lorin, but you could always call and ask if you are super curious!

Lorin Guest

Ok this is what i thought it would be, i was just curiouse to see whether any one else had been told this and understood it better than myself. Thanks Girls

Lorin - hoping you have had your bub by now! Just thought I'd add that I went and had a CTG when I was 41 weeks and an internal. They said my cervix was really high still too and started talking induction. I went into labour that arvo and had my bub at 6am the next day. So don't worry too much!

It just means your cervix is still high. When it is getting ready for labour it will come down and forward and then start to efface and dilate. It's no indication that labour is a long way off either, as Soph has just experienced.

chelleg Guest

High = posterior, so cervix is still around the back and difficult to reach. Eventually will come forward, will soften and as Tegan said, efface and dilate

Mine was high and hard on Wednesday 20th at 11am, and by Thursday at 10am (so less than 24 hours later) I had given birth.......

You may have given birth by now.....!

skorpy Guest

My sister in laws sister was near 42 weeks pregnant and her cervix was still too high and they were unable to break her water because it was tucked far back,so she ended up having a C section. Not saying this will happen for you because there is proof in this thread that cervix being still high you can still go into labour at any time if you are near your due date,on it or passed it