Thread: Chest INfection

dawnatello12 Guest

Default Chest INfection

It is one thing after another with this pregnancy. I have a chest infection cold now and was wondering if anyone had any "magic" pregnancy homepathis cures for me to use as I am feeling lousy and coughing up yellow and green phelgm.

When I get a cold I swear by hot mugs of black tea with lots of lemon and honey. When you're not drinking tea drink water. Just keep drinking and flush it all out!

Lots of garlic is great too.

You could also put some Vicks vaporub in a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam. Might help clear up your nose if you're all clogged.

If you keep coughing up greenies or if it gets worse you might need antibiotics tho.

Good luck!

Jo

I got a really nasty chest infection at 40 weeks and my naturopath mixed me up a herbal brew. Marshmallow (the herb, not the lolly) helps soothe the coughing. That worked enough so I could avoid antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ummm.......I thought you weren't supposed to inhale Vicks while pg? Can't remember wehre I heard that though, so I could be wrong! Anyone?

Watch the caffeine in black tea too. My mum makes a herbal remedy of (sounds gross) honey with lemon and onion soaked in it overnight and then take a spoonful straight - seems to help clear up head and chest colds pretty quick. Good luck hope you are feeling better soon.